Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
When will your Samsung phone get Android 12? This leaked timeline could help.
- A leaked timeline suggests when we could see the Samsung Android 12 update on its various phones.
- The leak suggests the latest you’ll need to wait is July 2022.
- Most of the high-profile phones of the past year could see the update before the end of 2021.
Last year, Samsung promised it would deliver three years of Android upgrades to most of its devices. Based on that commitment, we already know which devices will likely see Android 12. However, what we don’t know is when those rollouts will happen.
See also: Our full Android 12 review
Thankfully, frequent leaker FrontTron (h/t 9to5Google) spotted a leaked set of dates that gives us an idea of when to expect the Samsung Android 12 update on numerous phones and tablets. The source of this leak is Samsung itself, although it quickly deleted the list. Additionally, the leaked info applies to Korea, but we expect rollouts in other countries would be quite similar. Therefore, we’re inclined to believe this list is going to be pretty accurate, but any of the information here could change down the line.
See for yourself when you should start to get excited for One UI 4 based on Android 12.
Samsung Android 12 updates
- Nov 2021: Galaxy S21, S21 Plus, S21 Ultra
- Dec 2021: Galaxy Z Fold 3, Fold 2, Galaxy Z Flip 3, Flip 5G, Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, S20 Ultra, Galaxy Note 20, Note 20 Ultra
- Jan 2022: Galaxy Fold, Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Note 10, Note 10 Plus, Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, S10e, Galaxy A52, A42, Quantum2
- Feb 2022: Galaxy Tab S7, S7 Plus
- Apr 2022: Galaxy A51, A90, A Quantum, Galaxy Tab S7 FE, Tab S6, Tab S6 5G, Galaxy Jump
- May 2022: Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Active3, A7 (2020), Galaxy A32, A31, A12, Galaxy Buddy, Galaxy Wide5
- June 2022: Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
- July 2022: Galaxy A21s, Galaxy Xcover5, Galaxy M12
As you can see, the highest-profile phones from the past year should see Android 12 before the end of 2021. Newer phones should see it in early 2022, while tablets, budget phones, and mid-rangers should see it later that year. If Samsung can stick to this schedule, the longest you’ll need to wait is until July 2022.
Unfortunately, it appears only the Galaxy S21 series will see the Samsung Android 12 rollout this month. This makes sense as they are the most high-profile and ubiquitous 2021 phones from the company.
If you’re curious about when your non-Samsung phone could see Android 12, we’ve got you covered.