Amazon acquired the company behind the Ring smart video doorbell less than a year ago. Since then, Ring has been busy expanding with new product launches. At CES 2019, it not only announced a new video doorbell that should expand its audience, but it also launched an all-new line of smart lights designed to offer more security for homes.
The new Ring Smart Lighting lineup includes several battery-powered smart lights that come on when motion is detected. Here’s the full list, along with prices:
- Ring Spotlight ($39.99) – Motion-activated, wire-free smart light that can be installed almost anywhere around the home, including above a garage, shed or porch.
- Ring Pathlight ($29.99) – Motion-activated smart light that is installed along walkways, driveways and other high-traffic areas.
- Ring Floodlight Battery ($49.99) – Wire-free, motion-activated smart light perfect for illuminating the driveway, yard, and walkways that features a combined 600 lumens and adjustable mounts and settings.
- Ring Steplight ($17.99) – Motion-activated hands-free safety light that can illuminate stairs, decks, and porches for brightened security where you need it most.
- Ring Motion Sensor ($24.99) – Connects to your Ring Smart Lighting, Doorbells, and Cams to activate lights and video streaming whenever motion is detected.
In addition, the Ring Smart Lighting lineup will include a wired floodlight that connects to your current electric box that will be priced at $69.99. There’s also a Ring Transformer for $99.99 that can replace your older transformer so you can put in smart features in your current outdoor lighting system.
Finally, there’s the Ring Bridge for $49.99, a hub device that can connect all of these lights, along with your Ring video doorbell and cameras. This will allow one Ring device to turn on all of your lights at night when motion is detected.
Pre-orders for these Ring Smart Lighting products will be available on Amazon soon, and they are scheduled to start shipping in early March.
Along with these lighting devices, the company announced the new Ring Door View Cam. This is a battery-powered device that’s designed to replace any existing door viewer or peephole. All you have to do is install both sides of the door with the Ring Door View Cam around the peephole with no drilling required. This is perfect for people who live in places like apartments, condos, rental houses or dorms who can’t or are not able to do extensive changes in their doors.
As with the other video doorbells from Ring, the Door View Cam lets you see who is at your door via your smartphone, even if you are away from your home. You can also speak with them through the door on your phone. It also has a sensor that turns the camera on if the person knocks, or does something else besides ring the doorbell. If the battery runs down, you can still see through the Door View Cam with its glass viewer.
The Ring Door View Cam will go on sale sometime later in 2019 for the price of $199.