Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: Most of you have some level of interest in Pixel Pass
Google’s Pixel Pass has been available for a while now, allowing US consumers to grab a Pixel phone and various other services for one monthly fee. It does indeed save you some cash in the long run, although we felt that Google made it difficult to sign up if you’re already using their services.
Are Android Authority readers actually interested in Pixel Pass, though? That’s exactly the question we asked in our opinion piece over the weekend. Here’s how you answered this poll.
Are you interested in Pixel Pass?
Just over 950 votes were cast in this poll, and it turns out that the most popular option was “maybe, I’m considering it,” with 44.9% of the vote. That suggests that people are intrigued by Pixel Pass, but reader comments indeed concur with our own C Scott Brown when it comes to the difficult sign-up process.
In saying so, the second-most popular option was “no, I have no interest in Pixel Pass,” accounting for a substantial 33% of the vote. Rounding out the top three was “yes, I’m looking to sign up soon,” with 14.51% of the vote.
Finally, 7.57% of respondents said they’ve already signed up for Pixel Pass. It makes sense that we’d see a small number of people signing up given that it’s restricted to the US and the Pixel line’s market share is pretty small in this region. Nevertheless, the poll shows that two-thirds of respondents either registered interest in Pixel Pass or said they had it already.
- Kenneth McConkie: I almost considered this for my current phone, but I have a YouTube Premium Family subscription, and I’m not willing to kick my friends and family off of it. They NEED to support family plans. Even if I had to cancel and rejoin, that’d be okay if I could choose a family plan. The 200GB Google One plan would be an upgrade to my current 100GB plan. And the Play Pass would be cool too. I’m going to be upgrading to the Pixel 7 Pro when it comes out. If it supports a YouTube family sub by then, I’ll get the Pixel Pass.
- Joseph Hicks: Wanted to sign up for it when I bought a Pixel 6 Pro but I’m a legacy Google Apps user. Denied. Along with a plethora of other features and services in the Google ecosystem…
- Brandon: Having to cancel my existing YouTube premium was the biggest pain. Not only am I now paying more for it then I originally was with my old plan but since I had to wait for them to ship my phone I had 2 months of no premium at all.
- KaiVallon: I got the pass so I could upgrade my pixel 2 xl, I also found signing up to be annoying and I was very nervous to cancel all my subscriptions before starting new ones. Also, my partner and I share a Spotify family plan but since I couldn’t arrange for both of us to use YouTube music we’re still using Spotify.
- Brooks: I recently upgraded from a pixel 4xl to a 6 pro and chose pixel pass at checkout. After routing me through a quick detour to cancel YouTube premium, which took about 3 minutes, I was good to go. Got a confirmation email within 10 minutes letting me know that play pass and YouTube were activated. Got the phone two days later. I can see the issue if you have a family plan, but I found the process pretty simple and not inconvenient.
- : I signed up for Pixel Pass and my issue was with Synchrony. They simple could not figure out how to bill me so my monthly bill was $45 + tax. After many conversations with them and with Google I gave up. After 6 months I cancelled and kept the phone. My husband, who signed up through Fi has had no issues.