Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: You are SUPER psyched for the Pixel 4a
The Google Pixel 3a series is arguably Google’s best achievement in the smartphone space in recent years, delivering flagship-level image quality and brisk updates in a $400 package.
Google is expected to reveal a follow-up in the Pixel 4a any time now, and leaks point to a phone that’s very similar to the Pixel 3a. So we asked Android Authority readers whether they were amped for Google’s next device.
Are you excited for the Pixel 4a?
The poll, published on May 13, accrued over 6,100 votes and the vast majority of you can’t wait for the Pixel 4a. 89% of readers said they were excited about the upcoming device, with just 11% saying otherwise.
It makes sense that the vast majority of readers would be keen to see the Pixel 4a, as its predecessor was a critically acclaimed device for the most part. It was also reported that the Pixel 3a shipped almost three million units in the first two quarters of its availability versus roughly two million Pixel 4 units in its first two quarters of sales.
Recent leaks point to the Pixel 4a packing a single rear camera, improved horsepower, and a punch-hole cutout. It’s also tipped to arrive with a $350 for the 128GB model, doubling the storage of the $400 Pixel 3a and iPhone SE.
Here’s what you had to say
- Tony Talks: I’m looking forward to it! The processor is decent now, the design is more modern and they retained the headphone jack and capacitive rear finger print scanner. And the camera will be among the best, if not the best in this price segment. Keeping this for 4 years.
- H3ff: I for one cannot wait to drop this iPhone 7+ and get back to Pixel land.
- Kerr: I just wish they released an XL version. Downgrading the screen and especially battery size is an ask from my 3a XL.
- Christopher O’Reilly: 3000mah batteries will NOT cut it in 2020, people want a phone with decent battery life and Google has yet to deliver one.
- Mario I/O: A real answer to the Iphone SE 2 would be a Pixel 4a with a top SOC.
- anmol: thank you for saying a lot of things as they are in this article! the pixel 4a is going to be pretty exciting for me considering I’m in the market for a nearly 400 dollar phone.
Thank you for voting in the poll, and thanks for the comments! We really appreciate them. Have any thoughts on the results? Then jot them down below.