Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: Most readers barely use panorama mode on their phones
Panorama mode is included in most smartphone camera apps nowadays. While the mode does allow you to shoot scenes wider than usual, it’s cumbersome. Buried away in some apps, it’s also pretty easy to forget, too.
With that said, we asked you in this poll how often you use panorama mode on your phone. Here’s what you told us.
When was the last time you used panorama mode on your phone?
The majority of the ~1,500 polled readers either haven’t used panorama mode in over a year or have never used the mode. Just over 50% of respondents fall into one of these two categories. Notably, 14.5% of our readers are regular users of panorama mode on their devices. These respondents used it within the “last week.” Around 22% of readers are less frequent panorama mode users, employing it in the “last few months.” Just under 14% of readers remember using the mode within the “last year.”
Panorama mode’s fall from grace is understandable. It was an awfully useful software trick for phones with single lenses. But as more devices spawned multiple camera arrays, including dedicated wide-angle shooters, panorama mode has seemingly fallen to the wayside.
However, some feel ultra-wide cameras are not a direct replacement for panorama mode. These readers were out in full force in the comments section.
Here’s what you told us
- Resuna: I don’t see wide-angle and panorama mode as being alternate views of the same thing. Panorama mode gets you up to a full 360×180 sphere, something you can’t get in any single lens view. Viewing a panorama is almost like being there.
- Chris JK: Last week, I used my S21’s ultrawide camera in panorama mode to capture the sunset in my garden. First phone I’ve had with an ultrawide camera, and although it’s useful, I’ve found it isn’t always wide enough for the task, but putting it to work within the panorama mode makes something extra special.
- Farhan Ahmad Tajuddin: The last time I used panorama mode on my phone, it was like before the COVID-19 pandemic hits. Now that I have a 360-degree camera, I don’t think I’ll be going back to panorama mode.
- Joe Black: I know a few people that do use it from time to time, but for me? I am more than fine with wide and ultrawide for my shots.
- Brian Fowler: I’m thinking like, 5+ years ago. I think on my LG G3.
- Aris Routis: I just don’t care for panorama shots. I prefer the good use of wide-angle shots.
That’s it for our panorama mode poll. Thanks for your votes and comments. If you have any further thoughts on the poll results of panorama mode on phones, drop them down in the comments.