Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: Most of you think the Oppo Find N is hot stuff
Oppo announced the Find N foldable phone last week, showing a book-style foldable that’s significantly smaller than the Galaxy Z Fold 3. It really seems to address one of the main bugbears of Fold-style devices (that they’re simply too bulky).
What did you think of Oppo’s first commercial foldable phone though? We posted our poll last week, and here’s how you answered it.
Oppo Find N: Hot or not?
We published the poll on December 15, with just over 1,000 votes counted to date. The result? Well, it turns out that 72% of respondents think the Find N is a hot device.
Reader comments supporting Oppo’s foldable generally seem to point to the smaller size as a big selling point. Some comments also praised the ~$1,200 price tag, although this is pricing for the Chinese market. And we know that Chinese pricing tends to be significantly lower than global price tags.
Otherwise, 28% of readers said they weren’t impressed by the Oppo Find N. At least one reader comment suggests that Oppo may have gone too small with the foldable, delivering a smaller foldable screen as a result.
This isn’t the first time we’ve posted a Find N-related poll on the website. We previously asked readers what they thought of the foldable’s smartphone display and ~88% of respondents said they liked it. So this newest poll does point to a somewhat less positive reception when the device was fully launched and all details were known.
- Techngro: I think making it so much smaller kinda defeats the purpose of having a foldable. When I open one, I want a tablet-sized device. This is barely larger than my current phone turned sideways. I’d pass.
- Smanny: For $1200 you seem to be getting a lot for that price.
- eszklar: Form-factor wise I prefer this to the Fold 3. Curious to see if it ever makes it to the West. Also wondering about the Google foldable as well, if it indeed gets developed.
- MarnixK: I like the smaller form factor and the flatter display, but I still think that Samsung’s offering is better. Nice price though!
- Otis P.: I much prefer the overall size and form factor of Find N to the Fold 3; save for the bezel size and seemingly large hole punch. But coming from a One Plus device, I have zero desire to use OPPO’s OS. Also, as a first gen device there will inevitably be things that come up, so I’d definitely wait for later iterations before considering it.
- Tennisfreak: I think the form factor is pretty darn close to perfect. Also love the fact that its $500 cheaper than a Fold Z too!
Thanks for voting in our poll and for leaving a comment. Do you plan to buy a foldable phone in 2022? Let us know below.