Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Open Beta update for OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 6 brings first security patch of 2019, more tweaks
OnePlus has delivered several updates for its 2018 flagships, but the company isn’t slowing down in 2019. The Chinese brand has just announced the availability of new Open Beta updates for the two devices.
The Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus 6T and the Open Beta 11 for the OnePlus 6 share several additions. The most noteworthy shared feature is arguably the January 2019 security patch but the Messages app has also received landscape support and we get deeper integration with Google Duo.
Check out the full changelog below:
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.1
- Messages now support landscape mode
- Deep integration with Google Duo
- Added more search options to improve the accuracy of search results
- Weather descriptions more accurate
- Added more unit options for precipitation, visibility, pressure and other data
- Added more detailed descriptions to weather icons
- File Manager
- Optimized UI for unlocking lockbox (OnePlus 6T only)
In other words, these aren’t the most feature-packed system updates we’ve ever seen from OnePlus. Nevertheless, the company has demonstrated a good commitment to updates, so we’re keen to see what comes next.
Do be warned that these are beta firmware releases though, so expect a few bugs and general instability if you plan to download them. And if you’re unsure how to actually install Open Beta software on your device, you can check out our guide over here.
NEXT: India’s new e-commerce rules spell trouble for discounted phones