Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Original OnePlus Nord now getting Android 12, but there is a catch
Welcome to the OnePlus Nord update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the original Nord. We’ll detail the current software versions for the device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. OnePlus usually pushes out Oxygen OS updates to the OnePlus Nord regularly, but availability may be affected by variant, carrier, and region.
- Current stable version: Android 12
- Will the OnePlus Nord get Android 13? Most likely not
Latest OnePlus Nord updates
May 16, 2022: Oxygen OS 12 — based on Android 12 — is now rolling out in stable condition to the original OnePlus Nord. However, so far, the update is only rolling out to Indian models. OnePlus says the EU versions require “additional validation steps” and will roll out “as soon as possible.”
The changelog below reflects updates from the most recent Open Beta 2:
- [Updated] Android security patch to 2022.04
- [Fixed] the issue of abnormal Touch sounds
- [Fixed] the issue of abnormal boot animation
- [Fixed] the occasional issue that unable to start “OK Google” with voice
Unfortunately, this rollout isn’t without problems. Here are the known issues OnePlus is still working on:
- The display of some pages in Settings will be different from the system.
- The screen will glitch in specific scenarios when calling.
- Camera may crash when shooting photos in Portrait mode.
- The abnormal display of thumbnail when taking burst pictures.
- The abnormal display of Quick device connect when in the Guest mode.
As always, this update will be rolled out via OTA incrementally. Don’t be too concerned if you haven’t yet received it. To check if an update is available, head to Settings > System > System updates on your device.
Previous OnePlus Nord updates
- March 26, 2022: Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11 brings the March 2022 Android security patch and a few bug fixes. With any luck, Android 12 should be the next update.
- February 25, 2022: Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168 just dropped. It features one solitary fix: a freezing issue when sharing photos with OnePlus’ Gallery app. It does not include the February 2022 security patch.
- January 28, 2022: Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 lands today with the January 2022 security patch. Don’t get too excited, though, because the update doesn’t feature much more than that.
- December 17, 2021: Oxygen OS 126.96.36.199 has just arrived with the November 2021 security patch. Other than the patch, there are only some bug and stability fixes onboard.
- October 22, 2021: Oxygen OS 188.8.131.52 brings the October 2021 security patch and a few bug fixes. It also brings a pre-installed OnePlus Store app for the EU.
- August 23, 2021: Oxygen OS 184.108.40.206 is rolling out to the OnePlus Nord. It features the August 2021 security patch among a variety of bug fixes. It also brings a few AOD features, such as screenshots of AOD pages and Bitmoji AOD.
- July 10, 2021: Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11 brought further fixes to the OnePlus Nord. It was largely focused on system tweaks and touched on power usage, notifications, and device overheating. The June 2021 Android security patch was also included.
- May 27, 2021: Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168 is rolled out to the OnePlus Nord. The patch brought several fixes to system processes, the Camera app, and File Manager. It also included the May 2021 Android security patch.