Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
These 7 crowdsourced feature ideas will be adopted by OnePlus
- OnePlus has revealed the winning feature ideas submitted by fans.
- These ideas will be implemented in future versions of Oxygen OS.
OnePlus has previously sought feature ideas from fans, allowing enthusiasts to shape the future of Oxygen OS to an extent. The firm’s latest round of crowdsourcing kicked off in September, and it’s now announced the winning ideas.
OnePlus took to its official forum to reveal the adopted ideas, ranging from an FPS (frames per second) counter in Game Space to partial screenshot functionality and more. You can check out the full list of ideas below.
- Add an FPS counter option to Game Space
- Separate volume for each app and allow dual media playback
- Lockscreen customization (e.g. clock, shortcuts etc)
- Wireless file transfer from PC to OnePlus device and vice-versa
- Power Diet (i.e. ultra power saving mode)
- Dark mode to be black instead of gray, or an option for both
- Partial screenshot
We’ve seen some of these features on other phones before, such as an FPS counter (gaming phones), separate volume for each app (Xiaomi), partial screenshots (Oppo, Realme), and more aggressive power saving modes (Samsung, HTC, Huawei). But these will nevertheless be welcome additions to Oxygen OS.
There’s no word on a release timeline for these features, but presumably we’ll need to wait for the next big Oxygen OS update to see all of them.
OnePlus also revealed a list of feature ideas that weren’t adopted by the brand. These rejected ideas include a desktop mode, back tap gestures akin to iOS 14 and early Android previews, a solution to prevent screen burn-in, and battery health information.