Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
OnePlus 8T gets its final Oxygen OS update of the year
Welcome to the OnePlus 8T updates hub. Here, you’ll find everything you need to know about the latest Android updates for the device, including past and future software versions.
Like its siblings, the OnePlus 8T runs on Oxygen OS, OnePlus’ homebaked Android skin. Oxygen OS is known for fast updates that come for a very long time, so be sure to bookmark this page and revisit often.
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the OnePlus 8T get Android 12? December 2021 (estimated)
Latest OnePlus 8T update
December 29, 2021: A new update is available for OnePlus 8T owners today. Numbered as Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 in India and 126.96.36.199 in Europe and North America, the update brings optimizations to the settings UI, fixes setup wizard issues relating to Google Assistant and Google Pay, and includes the December 2021 Android security patch. There’s also a fix for a “low probability” WhatsApp issue as the cherry on top.
See the changelog below:
- Optimized the UI display of Settings interface
- Fixed the issue that Google Assistant and Gpay doesn’t display as expected in the Setup Wizard
- Fixed the low probability issue of WhatsApp crash
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.12
Notably, that’s the same changelog OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro users will see this month. The patch will roll out incrementally, so don’t be too concerned if it’s not available just yet. To check if the update is available for your device, head to Settings > System > System updates.
Previous OnePlus 8T updates
- October 20, 2021: OnePlus rolled out Oxygen OS 188.8.131.52 (IN) and 184.108.40.206 (EU and NA). The update didn’t bring much beyond the October 2021 security patch and the Files by Google app.
- August 19, 2021: Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11 (EU and NA) and 18.104.22.168 (IN) rolled out to the OnePlus 8T. The update brought a slew of new features, including support for the OnePlus Buds Pro, the OnePlus Store app to users India, and additional AOD smarts.
- July 22, 2021: The relatively slim Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 update brought the OnePlus Store to the OnePlus 8T, as well as camera and system fixes.
- May 27, 2021: OnePlus pushed out a new Oxygen OS update to OnePlus 8T users in India and Europe (126.96.36.199), and North America (188.8.131.52). The update brought the May 2021 security patch, improved network performance, and improved smoothness while sliding on the home screen. It also brought several fixes.
- March 29, 2021: Numbered as the Oxygen OS 184.108.40.206 update in India and Europe, and Oxygen OS 220.127.116.11 in North America, this stable patch brought crucial fixes for the overall system, camera, and clock. The March 2021 Android security update was also included.
- December 29, 2020: OnePlus launched the Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168 update to unlocked devices around the world. The most significant change with this update introduced a new feature that allows you to adjust the keyboard height. This should help people have a better typing experience since they can adjust the keyboard to fit their unique needs and preferences. This update also delivered improved Nightscape image quality, improved gestures, better fingerprint unlock, and the November 2020 patch.
- November 21, 2020: The manufacturer rolled out Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 for the OnePlus 8T. The update consisted of a bunch of improvements, including better fingerprint recognition and imaging quality. OnePlus said power consumption optimizations in the update also increase the battery life of the phone. In addition, the update fixed an app cache bug and a screen flash issue. Overall system performance and stability also got a boost.
- November 5, 2020: OnePlus released the Oxygen OS 126.96.36.199 build for the OnePlus 8T. It included optimizations to power consumption, camera quality and stability improvements, and a bunch of bug fixes.
Let us know which OnePlus 8T update you’re rocking in the comments, and if you’ve spotted a recent update we’ve missed, tip us!
Are you looking for another device update? Head to our general Android 11 update tracker at the link.