Last week, we reported that a bunch of OnePlus 8 Pro users are experiencing problems with their phone screens. The one issue they all seem to have in common is that of a green tint which appears at high refresh rate and low brightness settings. The problem is akin to what Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra users were facing earlier. While Samsung has patched its flaw, a new update for the OnePlus 8 Pro reportedly brings a partial fix.
The phone is now receiving the Oxygen OS 10.5.5 update worldwide. The changelog for the new software OTA doesn’t really say that it fixes the green-tint and other display problems, but folks over at Android Police claim that after the update, the display no longer tints to green at low brightness levels.
Still, the publication notes that the OnePlus 8 Pro’s display doesn’t seem on par with that of the OnePlus 7 Pro or the OnePlus 7T.
OnePlus’ changelog does mention that it has “Optimized the display effects.” Sadly, it’s a pretty vague statement and doesn’t really inspire confidence for all those sitting with brand new, hulked-out OnePlus 8 Pros in their pockets.
Nevertheless, it’s always a good idea to keep your phones updated, so we advise that you download the latest Oxygen OS version for all the improvements that it makes.
Here’s the complete changelog:
Oxygen OS 10.5.5 update for OnePlus 8 Pro
- Optimized touch sensitivity on screen edges
- Optimized the display effects
- Improved video smoothness
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Simplified interaction experience for Bedtime mode
- Improved accuracy of white balance and focus in a dark environment
- Improved the smoothness and stability
- Enabled Greece Vodafone VoWiFi (EU only)
- Enhanced the mobile data and Wi-Fi transmission stability
If you continue experiencing display problems on your OnePlus 8 Pro even after this update, you can write to us in the comments section below and we’ll take it up with OnePlus. For more on OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro updates, head to our dedicated software update page and check out all the latest information.