Update: March 22, 2021 (01:10 PM ET): The day OnePlus 7T-series fans have been waiting for is finally here. Today, OnePlus is officially rolling out Android 11 updates to the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro. These are the stable updates featuring Oxygen OS 11.
Here is the official changelog:
- Update to OxygenOS 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve the experience
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.02
- Updated GMS package to 2021.01
- Since this is the upgrade of the Android 11 version with many new features, the upgrade time may be longer. Please wait for the completion of the upgrade
- Updated the camera UI and optimized some of the function paths to offer a more convenient operation
- Newly added the HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
- Dark mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range)
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads-up, and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram, Whatsapp, and Telegram (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode.
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
- Optimize the loading screen of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
This is a staged rollout. That means only select users will see this appear as an OTA on their device today. If you want to try to jump the line, you can manually update using the Oxygen Updater app.
If you want to switch from the stable channel of Oxygen OS to the beta to get updates faster, it’s really not difficult. Follow our guide here!
Welcome to the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro update hub. Here, you’ll find everything you need to know about the latest Android updates for the two devices, including their current versions and when future updates are likely to arrive.
Both the 7T and 7T Pro run Oxygen OS, OnePlus’ proprietary Android skin. Oxygen OS is known for fast updates that come for a very long time, so be sure to bookmark this page and visit often.
Note the OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro sometimes receive updates at the same time. Also, note that the T-Mobile variant of the OnePlus 7T might receive software updates at a later date.
OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro updates
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro get Android 12? Mid-2022 (estimated)
The OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro launched on September 26, 2019, and October 10, 2019, respectively. Both launched with the latest version of Android out-of-the-box (Android 10). It’s expected both devices will receive at least two major Android updates in the future — Android 11 in 2021 and Android 12 in 2022. It’s possible that it will also receive an update to Android 13 in 2023, as the OnePlus 3T received four flavors of Android during its update lifespan (Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo, and Pie).
|Android 10||Android 11|
|OnePlus 7T -- US unlocked||Current||TBA|
|OnePlus 7T -- US T-Mobile||Current||TBA|
|OnePlus 7T Pro -- International unlocked||Current||TBA|
OnePlus rolled out Oxygen OS 10.0.5 for the OnePlus 7T on November 7, 2019. The update brought the Android security patch up to October 2019 and fixed an issue with the double-tap gesture when activating the screen. This is in addition to a bunch of general bug fixes and stability improvements.
On November 15, 2019, OnePlus began rolling out Oxygen OS 10.0.6 for the OnePlus 7T. The update brought optimizations to standby power consumption and the expanded screenshot feature. It also improved Bluetooth connectivity in cars.
OnePlus announced the Oxygen OS 10.0.6 update on its official community forums and you can view the full (but short) changelog here.
Meanwhile, the OnePlus 7T Pro received the Oxygen OS 10.0.4 update. GSMArena spotted the 166MB update, which brought the security patch of the phone up to October 2019. It also optimized standby power, Bluetooth, and expanded screenshots just like the OnePlus 7T update. OnePlus also fixed the black bar issue while charging or playing a video.
In addition, both phones got general bug fixes and stability improvements.
Read also: The best OnePlus 7T cases available
In December, OnePlus rolled out Oxygen OS 10.0.7 for the OnePlus 7T and Oxygen OS 10.0.05 for the OnePlus 7T Pro. The new updates improved the launch speed of some apps, optimized RAM management, fixed black and white screen issues, and updated the Android security patch to November, 2019.
More recently, February 2020 brought Oxygen OS 10.0.7 (EU and global) and 10.3.1 (India) for OnePlus 7T Pro. This brought the January 2020 security patch, bug fixes, and several other minor tweaks.
In March, the OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro got their first Open Beta update. The update brought the February 2020 security patch, better RAM management, and several fixes. But the biggest addition was that of Live Caption, following in the footsteps of the Google Pixel series and Galaxy S20 family.
The second Open Beta followed late in March, bringing the March 2020 security patch, Instant Translation feature, and improved Adaptive Brightness.
Shortly after that, the OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren 5G received the Oxygen OS 10.0.31 stable update. The update rolled out to the T-Mobile variant, and it included 5G enhancements, the March security patch, and other general bug fixes.
We also saw the Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus 7T series land on May 15, bringing dirty lens warnings for the camera, 4K recording via the ultra-wide shooter, and 960fps video. It also packed the April 2020 security patch. The Open Beta 4 update arrived on May 21, fixing a few issues and packing the May 2020 security update.
We recently saw OnePlus push out the Open Beta 4 update to the OnePlus 7T series on May 28. The Oxygen OS 10.3.3 update for India and Oxygen OS 10.0.11 update for global devices was spotted by XDA-Developers and brings a few notable features. Some of the more prominent additions here include 960fps recording, the Epic Games store in the Game Space on Indian devices, and Dolby Atmos support for the Bullets Wireless Z.
In June, OnePlus rolled out Oxygen OS Beta 5 for the OnePlus 7T series. The updated added a couple of new features and plenty of smaller fixes that owners of the phone would appreciate. One of the biggest additions in this update was a new dark mode toggle that many users wanted for a long time. The June security patch was also released with this update. You can find the entire changelog here.
OnePlus on August 4 began rolling out Oxygen OS 10.3.4 for the OnePlus 7T in India with Oxygen OS 10.0.12 for global markets following later. In a forum post, the company said the update would add support for the OnePlus Buds, include a number of new clock styles, and bring the Android July 2020 security patch along with it.
On August 10, Oxygen OS Open Beta 8 arrived adding new user assistance features, optimizations for the Messages app, and improvements to Wi-Fi transfer stability. The update also brought minor bug fixes to notifications and the screen recorder as well as tweaks to Game Space and Community apps. September’s Android security update and August GMS update arrived in tow.
In mid-October, the OnePlus 7T series gained a new stable version of Oxygen OS. Numbered 10.0.14 in the EU and global markets, and 10.3.6 in India, the update brought a number of fixes to the phones’ system apps, and the September Android security patch.
In late November 2020, OnePlus rolled out a new version of Oxygen OS to the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro. Numbered 10.0.15 in the EU and global markets and 10.3.7 in India, it was an unexciting maintenance patch for the duo. The update did however bring with it the November security patch.
In January 2021, OnePlus pushed the first Android 11-based beta builds to the OnePlua 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro. With a lengthy changelog, the update saw a slew of changes to the phones’ Shelf design, camera features, and Ambient Display.
The Android 11 beta rollout continued in February. The second OxygenOS 11 beta update for the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro brought AOD to the latter, and a host of system fixes to both.
Let us know which OnePlus 7T/7T Pro update you’re rocking in the comments, and if you’ve spotted a recent update we’ve missed, tip us!
Looking for another device update? Head to our general Android 10 update tracker at the link.