Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
OnePlus 7 and 7T finally get a taste of Android 12
- OnePlus is finally rolling out Android 12 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T.
- The Oxygen OS 12 beta 1 update for the phones also carries the June security patch.
OnePlus is finally showing some love to its 2019 flagships. After it previously halted the Android 12 beta update for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T, the company is finally rolling out the software to the two phones.
The new Oxygen OS 12 Open Beta 1 for the OnePlus 7 and 7T is a hefty one. You will need to free up at least 4GB of space on your devices to download it.
The update brings all the new Android 12 features, including the new design, adjustable dark mode levels, Canvas AOD, and more. It also carries the June 2022 security patches for both devices.
In order to download the Android 12 beta for the OnePlus 7 and 7T, you’ll need to be on Oxygen OS version 126.96.36.199. or 188.8.131.52. Of course, if things don’t pan out smoothly, you can always roll back to the previous Android 11 build.
Here’s the full changelog for the Oxygen OS 12 beta 1 update coming to the OnePlus 7 series.
- Newly added Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- Redesigns app icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and optimizes the presentation of text and color to make key information stand out
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages
- Newly added the HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- Newly added Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real time
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Work-Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the
best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Optimized categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar