Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
OnePlus admits there’s a OnePlus 6 bug that silences phone audio
- A OnePlus 6 bug causes phone audio to go silent, with placing the call again the only workaround.
- OnePlus admitted to this bug, and will fix it in an upcoming OTA.
- However, the company did not specify when this OTA would launch.
The OnePlus 6 is one of the most talked-about phones of the year, but the launch of the device hasn’t been without problems. To add to those issues, OnePlus now admits that there is a OnePlus 6 bug that silences phone audio during a call.
OnePlus promises that the bug will be fixed in an upcoming OTA rollout, via Fuse Boxed, but doesn’t give any indication as to when that update may launch.
The OnePlus 6 bug is easy to duplicate yourself if you happen to have the latest flagship. To do so, during a phone call, switch the phone into speakerphone mode. Instead of speakerphone mode activating, the call instead falls silent. If you try to switch back to handset mode, there’s still no audio.
The only way to get audio back is to hang up on the call and then reconnect.
Along with fixing this very inconvenient bug, the next OnePlus 6 update will also restore the status bar battery percentage display option. According to Fuse Boxed, here is the complete list of fixes and updates coming soon:
- Display more notification icons in the status bar, when reducing the display size setting has created more space before the notch
- Removal of the three overflow status bar dots on all devices
- Increased notification and ringtone sound volume
- Rear camera autofocus improvements
- Fix problems when using Indian carrier IDEA as secondary/non-data sim
- Fix silent phone calls bug
- Restore status bar battery percentage option
- Add scheduled do-not-disturb feature
One of the bugs that won’t be fixed in the upcoming OTA is one where the screen ratio is off when viewing certain apps. OnePlus admits that a fix for this problem is coming “post OTA”:
We understand that you are facing issue with the device. Be rest assured the issue will be resolved post OTA update. Requesting your patience in this regard.— OnePlus Support (@OnePlus_Support) May 30, 2018
We’ll update this article should we hear when OnePlus will send out these bug fixes.