Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
OnePlus releases OxygenOS 3.5.5 open beta for OnePlus 3
OnePlus has delivered the latest beta build of its OxygenOS software, version 3.5.5. The open beta upgrade for the OnePlus 3 is once again based on Android Marshmallow and provides a number of improvements formed from version 3.5.4’s user feedback.
The new features included in version 3.5.5, straight from OnePlus’s announcement post, are:
- Added OnePlus FileDash functionality for convenient file transfers
- Added ability to switch launcher layouts
- Integration of Google Map to share location information in messages.
- Redesign of the phone calling UI
- Added personalized ringtone information in contact details
- Added ability to view the entire call history of the selected contact
- Introduction of the OnePlus Community App
- Increased system stability
- General bug fixes
Those who are already running a previous OnePlus beta build will receive the new update to 3.5.5 over-the-air (OTA). Alternatively, you can grab it from OnePlus’s download page at the link. Remember to backup your important data before flashing the new system and, as with any beta build, expect some bugs and inconsistencies.
Have you tried out OxygenOS 3.5.5? Let us know what you think of it in the comments.