Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Nova Launcher 6.0 features revealed: here's what's coming up in the new version
Nova Launcher developer Kevin Barry has outlined some of the changes coming in version 6.0 of the Android launcher app. Barry discussed the features in a Google+ post on Tuesday (via PhoneArena) when announcing the beta version of the update, which is now available.
This will be the biggest update since Nova 5.5 — the current stable version — and the first Nova update in three months. There are a number of tweaks included, though most of them add aesthetic options rather than new features. Enthusiasts will welcome the Vertical or Horizontal folder scrolling, as well as the new adaptive icons, and you can now search for individual Nova settings, if you’re having trouble finding the one you want.
Things just got a bit better for those using the free version too as they can now resize icons (the option was previously limited to those who’d purchased the full version). Here’s the full list of additions from the Google+ post:
- Improved Settings menu layout: Dock options are now part of Desktop, more intuitive settings hierarchy, etc.
- Nova Settings are now searchable for faster parsing.
- More Adaptive Icon options available, including a new customizable shape.
- Option to automatically match folder and app drawer icon size to desktop.
- New window styles in folders: choose from windowed or immersive modes.
- Folder background shapes now share the same options as adaptive icons: Round, Squircle, etc.
- App drawer search bar can now be stylized like on the desktop.
- Search bar provider can now be set to Google or Nova Settings by default.
- Added vertical or horizontal scrolling options for folders.
- Icon resizing no longer requires Nova Prime.
The final version of Nova Launcher 6.0 should arrive in the coming weeks, but you can start using the beta version right now if you sign up at the link below. And if you’re looking for some cool ways to use the app, check out our five things every Nova Launcher user should try article.