Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Must read: top 10 Android stories
This week we went hands-on with Google Allo, put the LG V20’s camera to the test, and talked about Google’s big October 4 event. Here’s the news of the week!
Who wants to win an Umi Plus?
The Umi Plus features an understated aluminum design, a fingerprint sensor, a big 4,000mAh battery and 4GB of RAM. This week we’re giving away three! Here’s how to enter.
10 Android stories we handpicked for you
LG V20 tips and tricks With the LG V20 soon to hit store shelves, here are some helpful tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your LG V20!
Google Pixel phones will be unveiled October 4 The big day is almost here! Google is holding an event on October 4, where it’s expected to unveil the new Pixel and Pixel XL.
Clash of the titans: iPhone 7 / 7 Plus vs Galaxy Note 7 quick look We pit the latest offerings from Apple and Samsung against each other, in this quick look at the Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus vs Samsung Galaxy Note 7.
Google Allo: Everything you need to know Google’s new smart messaging app, Allo, has some awesome tricks up its sleeve. Here’s everything you need to know about Google Allo!
How to optimize your Android phone to get the best performance Don’t settle for acceptable performance from your Android device. Get exceptional performance by taking full advantage of your Android’s RAM and processing power with some of the optimization methods we’ve compiled for you.
Google Pixel and Pixel XL caught in the wild Google’s upcoming Pixel and Pixel XL have leaked out in a couple new hands-on photos.
Honor 8 Feature Focus: camera The Honor 8 offers two factors that are often mutually exclusive: a high-end dual camera experience and an affordable price. In this feature focus, we take a closer look at Honor’s camera tech while examining a number of camera samples.
Huawei nova and nova plus review Huawei has two new mid-range smartphones: the nova and the nova plus. The nova is a 5.0 inch device with 3GB of RAM and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625, while the nova plus is a 5.5 version with the same basic internals. Here is our full review of both devices.
Google Assistant: The top features you need to know If you’re just now giving Allo a shot and are anxious to master Google Assistant, we’ve got you covered. Here are the top Google Assistant features you need to know.
Pet peeves: Things we wish Android handled differently Clearly we love our Android devices, but we thought it would be fun to get really nitpicky and discuss the things about our favorite OS that still bug us.
You have to watch this
More hot news
- Say hello to Allo, now available in the Play Store (or download it here)
- WhatsApp’s new tagging feature expected to annoy people in group chats
- Allo’s most annoying feature is rolling out to other messaging apps
- Some Nexus 5X devices are getting stuck in bootloops after upgrading to Android 7.0
- Here’s how Allo handles SMS
- Now on Tap gets a new name in latest Google app beta, adds In Apps home screen shortcut
- WhatsApp is planning a passcode protection feature
- Samsung has special permission from Google for the Note 7’s green battery icon
- Google rumored to announced Wi-Fi, Home and Chromecast Ultra hardware on October 4
- Google Pixel pricing could start at $649, but financing will be an option
- HTC leak shows fascinating side-control tech
- Paper Planes app from Google I/O launches on the Play Store
- Breath of fresh air: OnePlus 3 gets OxygenOS update loaded with features
- Moto E3 Power makes history in India with 100,000 sales in first day
- Samsung faces suit after Florida man suffered burns from Note 7 explosion
- New Desire 10 Pro and Lifestyle Pro: mid-range specs and HTC 10-inspired design
- How to officially identify a safe Galaxy Note 7, as units arrive in the US, UK and Korea
More from our network
Keep up with AA
Get the Android Weekly delivered to your inbox each and every Sunday. Sign up for our newsletter below.