The update brings devices up to software version OCX27.109.48, but we don’t know much more about it in terms of improvements and optimizations. It will feature the typical Oreo feature-set however, such as notifications dots, picture in picture mode and adaptive icons.
Look out for the update hitting your handset in the coming days and check back with us later in the year for Android P update information.
Welcome to the Moto Z2 Force Android update tracker page. This page contains information for all carriers and unlocked versions of the device, with a quick reference table for each and a log with links to further details. It will be regularly updated with the latest Moto Z2 Force update information but we won’t be covering general security patches in this list.
We recommend you bookmark this page so you can stay up to date with the very latest updates.
Moto Z2 Force Android Oreo update
Motorola was the first non-Google OEMs to deploy the Nougat update in the US last year, delivering it to both the Moto Z and Moto Z Force within 88 days of the new software being released, and the international unlocked update rolled out a couple of days later.
The Moto Z2 Force was released in July 2017 with Android Nougat and was expected to be among the first to receive Oreo. Motorola originally delivered the software on December 22, but it would be another couple months before it had been rolled out with the major US carriers.
While nothing has been confirmed yet, the Moto Z2 Force is expected to receive the final version of Android P when it launches later this year.
Moto Z2 Force Update US
|Moto Z2 Force updates||Android 7.1.1||Android 8.0|
Verizon Moto Z2 Force update (XT1789-01):
- December 22, 2017, Verizon rolls out stable Android 8.0 Oreo OTA update with build number ODX27.109-34 and December Android security patches.
- October 24, 2017, Verizon says that the Moto Z2 Force will receive Gigabit LTE support this year.
T-Mobile Moto Z2 Force update (XT1789):
- January 2, 2018, T-Mobile rolls out Android 8.0 Oreo OTA update and December Android security patches.
Sprint Moto Z2 Force update (XT1789-03):
- February 22, 2018, Sprint rolls out Oreo to the Moto Z2 Force.
AT&T Moto Z2 Force update (XT1789-04):
- February 23, 2018, AT&T rolls out Android 8.0 Oreo OTA update with build number OCX27.109-47 and January Android security patches.
International Moto Z2 Force update (XT1789-05):
- The Moto Z2 Force is yet to receive any notable international updates
If you’ve received an update we’ve missed, hit the comments below or Tip Us!