Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
MIUI 4 for Samsung Fascinate - Download and Install Instructions
Tired of your same old stock Samsung Fascinate ROM? then it’s time you change to the new MIUI 4 created by weblexa of XDA Developers Forum. With this you can get a taste of Ice Cream Sandwich. This ROM is in its alpha state so there are some features that are not yet fully functional like:
- Receiving phone calls
- Receiving SMS Text Messages
- 3G Data
- Some options in the settings menu force closes
- Possibly other things
Should you still be interested, follow the simple steps below:
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- Samsung Fascinate (rooted and have custom recovery installed)
- USB Data Cable
- First, download ICS BUILD 2 and MIUI 4 files to your computer.
- Then, connect your phone to the computer using the USB Data Cable.
- Next, copy the downloaded zip files to the root directory of your SD Card.
- Disconnect your phone to the computer.
- Turn off your phone and reboot into Recovery mode by pressing the hold the power, and both vol. up/down until you see the Samsung logo appear the second time.
- In Recovery mode, Select Backup and Restore and then select Backup. (This will backup your existing ROM, which you can go back to in case something gets messed up with the installation)
- Go back to main menu and perform full wipe as follows:
- Select Wipe data/Factory reset –> then on the next screen Select Yes , Wipe Data
- Select Wipe cache partition–> then on the next screen Select Yes , Wipe Cache partition
- Select Advanced from the main menu–>then Select Wipe Dalvik cache –> Yes, wipe dalvik
- Again go back to the main menu, and select Install zip from sd card> zip from sd card, and select the “teamhacksung-ota-eng.BUILD.zip” to start flashing MIUI ROM.
- Once completed go back to main menu and select reboot system.