Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Nova Launcher gets a Material Design refresh and much more in version 4.0 update
Nova Launcher, one of our favorite third party launchers here at Android Authority, is receiving quite the update today. The Nova Launcher beta channel received the big update a few weeks ago, and now it’s finally time for the stable version to receive the huge Material Design refresh.
After you update to version 4.0, you’ll notice a ton of user interface changes in the settings and around the various menus in the app. More animations, new icons and multiple new wallpapers are also included in the update. Additionally, you can now alter individual icon layouts, search for widgets, and you can now pull down in the application drawer to perform a quick search.
If you’re interested, here’s the full changelog for the version 4.0 update:
- Full Material Design
- All settings screens/dialogs
- More animations
- Edit Shortcut dialog tinted based on colors of the icon
- New icons
- Bundled wallpapers
- Rebased on top of Launcher3
- Individual icon layout settings (size, font, etc) in Desktop, Drawer, etc
- Max icon size boosted to 150%
- Widget Search
- Pull down in the drawer for search
- New grouped Widgets drawer
- Support for Android for Work (Lollipop)
The update is now live in the Google Play Store, so hit up the link below to grab the latest version. If you have yet to try out Nova Launcher, now would be a great time to do so. A free version of the app is available, but you’ll need to pay a one-time fee of $4.00 to unlock all of the features.