Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Lineage OS no longer supported on 30 devices — see if your device is on the list
- Lineage OS is no longer officially supported on 30 phones and tablets.
- The developers pulled support due to the devices having inactive maintainers.
- Unsupported devices include the Moto G4, Redmi Note 3, and more.
Even though popular Android ROM Lineage OS supports a wide array of devices, Android Police noticed that 30 phones and tablets are no longer supported.
The lack of support is due to the devices having inactive maintainers on GitHub. People who port the ROM to a specific device must regularly check in so that the device continues to receive updates. Without regular check-ins, Lineage will eventually drop support for devices. Quality over quantity, after all.
The bad news is that the older Motorola Moto G4 and Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 are no longer supported, even though the two smartphones are in the top 15 of most active models for Lineage OS. Even newer devices like the HTC10 and Moto Z2 Play got the axe, though the two smartphones are not used as much among Lineage OS users.
Here is the list of 30 devices that are no longer supported:
Lineage OS 15.1 (Oreo)
- Moto Z2 Play
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Lineage OS 14.1 (Nougat)
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S
- Motorola Moto G4/G4 Plus
- Motorola Moto X Pure Edition/Style
- LG G3 (AT&T, T-Mobile, Canada, International, Korea, Sprint)
- Google Nexus 7 (LTE, 2013 version)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (LTE, Wi-Fi)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (International 3G)
- Xiaomi Mi Max
- Samsung Galaxy S5 (International 3G)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 (LTE)
- HUAWEI Ascent Mate 2 4G
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (GSM, LTE, Wi-Fi)
- OnePlus X
- HTC 10
- Sony Xperia L
- LG G Pad 7.0 (LTE, Wi-Fi)
- LG G Pad 8.3
- LG G Pad X (T-Mobile)
That does not mean the list is set in stone. Other people can jump in and maintain devices to gain back Lineage OS support.
Do you see your device on the list? If you do, let us know in the comments and then try to switch to something much better.