Are you ready for some Android 6.0 Marshmallow goodness? There’s plenty to be had with Google’s new iteration of their mobile OS. And if you are an LG user, the Korean manufacturer has good news for you. They are about to begin rolling out Android 6.0 Marshmallow updates, starting next week.
Hold your horses, though. It’s not time to celebrate just yet; at least not for everyone. The phone maker clearly mentions the first device to get the delicious update will be the LG G4. And because not all G4’s are created equal, they will begin with those in Poland. Other markets in Europe, Asia and the Americas are to follow soon afterward.[related_videos title=”Related videos” align=”center” type=”custom” videos=”648116,616170,606876″]
Aside from the common improvements we saw announced at Google IO, LG is also adding its own list of improvements. These include the following.
- Permissions have been simplified with greater control of the information applications can access, not only at the installation stage but any time.
- Silent feature for sound and vibrate mode as well as a Do Not Disturb mode to block all sounds or only alarms and notifications.
- Doze Mode which shuts down background processing of certain apps when the phone is not in use, to significantly prolong battery life.
“By working closely with Google, LG has been able to bring Android 6.0 to the G4 ahead of any of our competitors. While speed alone isn’t an indicator of great service, it does go a long way toward giving consumers the confidence that LG is committed to its existing customers first.” -Chris Yie, vice president and head of marketing communications for LG Mobile Communications Company
Life is truly good with LG for those who opted for the company’s flagship smartphone. The LG G4 is an awesome handset, and it is about to get even better. Sit tight and enjoy Android 6.0 Marshmallow once it hits your smartphone. Not all manufacturers are this quick; in fact, LG is beating most of the big players here.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow updates roundup – October 14, 2015
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow – new features explained
- LG G4 review
- LG G4 vs LG G3
- LG G4 vs Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge