Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to install the LG UI 3.0 Launcher on any Android phone or tablet
Have you seen LG’s latest proprietary UI? The LG UI 3.0 really looks great and it’s very smooth, too. If you are bored with your current UI and you’ve been imagining what the LG UI 3.0 would look like on your device, imagine no more. It’s available for all Android devices so you can try it no matter what your device is.
Many people are scrambling to get the amazing goodies brought by the Samsung Galaxy S3, just like the TouchWiz 5 which has already been ported to several Android devices, and it’s not going to stop until everyone gets her or his share.
On the other hand, LG’s latest proprietary UI, which was seen on its latest and upcoming devices, doesn’t need to be ported anymore because XDA Developers member Impact7 has created a brilliant way to install it on all Android devices.
The LG UI 3.0 Launcher is quite impressive; it’s smooth and it includes some unique features of its own which you won’t normally find in other UIs. For instance, it has unique customization features like screen effects, themes support, the ability to rearrange icons in the apps menu and/or grouping them together, and the ability to shift between scrolling and non-scrolling wallpaper, circularly scrolling home screens, and more.
This UI is really worth checking out. If you want to try this UI, see the requirements and instructions below.
- An Android phone or tablet running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS). You can check your device’s Android version by going to Settings > About phone/tablet.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Make sure that your battery has at least 50% charge to avoid interruption due to power loss.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- If you don’t have a file manager app on your device yet, install one from the Google Play Store. We recommend one of the following:
- Download the LG UI 3.0 Launcher APK file (LGHome3HDPI.apk, 14.7 MB) to your device. You can also use these alternate download links: Mirror 1 | Mirror 2.
- Enable Unknown Sources on your phone/tablet, which can be found under Settings > Security. Turning on this security feature will allow you to install applications from your SD card.
- Open your device’s file manager app and browse for the LGHome3HDPI.apk file.
- Tap on the file to start the installation procedure. It should finish in less than a minute.
- Once the installation is done, you can now launch the UI by pressing the Home button then selecting Home.
Great! You can now enjoy the latest LG UI 3.0 Launcher on your phone or tablet. Try it on your other devices too and share it with your friends.