In the last few days, however, it seems to be rolling out on a wider scale. Users on Reddit are confirming the update is hitting devices, with one user posting a screenshot of the 1.32 GB download. The upgrade is said to come with the December security patches—which would make sense given that it originally started landing being deployed back in January—and should include all of the usual Oreo features like picture-in-picture mode, notification dots and adaptive icons.
You can check the “software updates” page in your phone’s settings menu now to see if you’re ready to receive the new firmware.
The update has also recently rolled out with Sprint; if you’re expecting the update with other carriers, bear in mind the more-than two-month gap between T-Mobile and Verizon updates for Nougat last year: it might still be some ways away.
Welcome to the HTC 10 Android update tracker page. This page covers all major U.S. carriers with a quick reference table for each and a log with links to further details. It will be regularly updated with the latest HTC 10 update information, but it won’t include general security patches.
We recommend you bookmark this page so you can stay up to date with the very latest updates.
Unlocked HTC 10 Android Oreo update
The HTC 10 began to receive Android Nougat back in November, making HTC one of the first manufacturers to roll it out. Though the device isn’t the company priority that it was last year, reports came in on January 11 that the Oreo update was hitting unlocked devices in the US. This would have been good form for HTC, but the update was pulled soon after. Thankfully, HTC didn’t take too long to start this back up, as the update was made available again February 7 on its website, before OTAs started being discussed by users around February 23.
HTC 10 update US
|HTC 10 update - US||Android 6.0.1||Android 7.0||Android 8.0|
First carrier to roll it out for the HTC 10: T-Mobile (138 days)
Android 8.0 Oreo first available: August 21, 2017
First carrier to roll it out for the HTC 10: Sprint (174 days)
T-Mobile HTC 10 update (2PS6500):
- January 7, 2017, T-Mobile issues the HTC 10 Android Nougat update to its customers.
Sprint HTC 10 update (2PS6500):
- February 11, 2018, Mo Versi says the Sprint Oreo rollout for the HTC 10 is coming February 12 and the update is spotted in the wild soon after.
- February 20, 2017, Sprint starts rolling out the final Nougat build to the HTC 10. It includes the latest security patches and network performance improvements.
Verizon HTC 10 update (2PS6500):
- March 30, 2017, Verizon has begun rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat to HTC 10 devices on its network.
- March 29, 2017, HTC Vice President of Product Management Mo Versi announces that the Android Nougat OTA for HTC 10 owners on Verizon will begin on March 30.
- December 29, 2016, Verizon rolls out latest HTC 10 security patches, Nougat still to arrive.
International HTC 10 update (2PS6200):
- February 23, 2017, Android Nougat confirmed in India on HTC 10.
- February 7, 2017, update starts again in mainland Europe.
- January 26, 2017, Nougat rolls out in Russia, Middle East and Turkey, but is delayed in Europe following technical issues.
- January 24, 2017, Android Nougat hits the UK, the rest of Europe to follow soon after.
If you’ve received an update we’ve missed, hit the comments below or Tip Us!