Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to take screenshots on Realme smartphones
Realme is slowly gaining steam across global markets, so there’s a good chance you either own one of the company’s products or are looking to buy one. But do you know how to take a screenshot on Realme smartphones? Don’t fret if you don’t. In this article, we detail the methods you can use to accomplish this task with ease.
Read more: The best Android phones
The easiest way to take a screenshot on a Realme smartphone is to press and hold the power and volume buttons simultaneously. Read more below for details and alternative methods.
JUMP TO METHOD
1: Use your phone’s buttons
This is the easiest way to capture screenshots on Realme phones. The method also works on other Android phones.
- Press and hold the power and volume buttons simultaneously to take a screenshot on a Realme device.
- You’ll see a preview on the left of your display once the screenshot is captured. Tap it to gain more options to edit or share it.
2: Use a three-finger swipe
There are plenty of software methods for snagging a screenshot, and this is arguably the easiest. You will have to enable the three-finger swipe method in your Realme phone’s settings menu, though. To do this:
- Head to Settings > Convenience Aid > Gestures & Motions. Ensure 3 Finger Screenshot is enabled.
- Once this is complete, head to the screen you wish to capture and swipe downwards from the top of the display with three fingers to take a screenshot.
3: Use the Assistive Ball
You can also take screenshots on Realme smartphones using a convenience feature in Realme UI called Assistive Ball. It effectively adds a floating software shortcut icon on the display. You will need to enable a few things first.
- Firstly, head to Settings > Convenience aid > Assistive Ball. Ensure the Assistive Ball toggle is switched on.
- Next, you’ll need to select an Operation Mode below the toggle. Choose between Gesture Operations or Tap Menu. We’ll opt for the latter in this tutorial.
- As their names suggest, Gesture Operations will let you set a swiping gesture shortcut to snag screenshots, while Tap Menu opens up an additional dialog with multiple shortcuts. We prefer the latter as it’s quicker and you won’t need to remember which gesture you’ve assigned to capture screenshots.
- Once Tap Menu is selected, you can now head to the screen you wish to capture. Tap on the floating Assistive Ball icon, then the Screenshot shortcut when it appears to capture the screen.
4: Take a scrolling screenshot
Like most Android phone makers, Realme also gives users a way to capture scrolling screenshots. The method is quite simple.
Use the scrolling screenshot shortcut:
- Use any one of the three methods detailed above, and take a screenshot.
- Once the screenshot is captured, you’ll see a Scrolling screenshot button below the screenshot preview on the left-hand side of the screen. Tap it.
- A new dialog will appear, and the screen will begin scrolling. Tap the checkmark icon to stop the screenshot. The scrolling screenshot will stop once it reaches the end of the page.
5: Take a partial screenshot
What if you want to capture a tiny snippet of the display? Well, there’s an easy way to do that too, and it involves just three fingers.
- Head to Settings > Convenience aid > Gestures & motions and enable 3-finger touch and hold.
- Once enabled, find the screen content you wish to capture. Touch the display with three fingers and hold them there until the screenshot dialog appears. It may take a while.
- A screenshot dialog will appear on the display, highlighting the content within the capture area. Here you can adjust the size as required, doodle on the screenshot, or change the shape entirely. Hit the checkmark icon when you’re happy.
6: Use a voice assistant
Finally, there’s a method to take a screenshot on Realme smartphones that won’t require touching the screen or holding buttons. Simply ask Google Assistant to capture a screenshot for you.
- Activate Assistant by saying, Hey Google.
- Finally, say Take a screenshot.
That’s it. Now you know how to take screenshots on a Realme smartphone. Let us know which method is your favorite in the comments below.