Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to pair Jabra earbuds or headphones with any device
You can use your Jabra earbuds and Bluetooth headphones with all sorts of devices, but it might not always be obvious how. Here’s how to pair Jabra earbuds with various devices.
Put your Jabra earbuds or headphones into pairing mode by pressing a multifunction button for a few seconds. Then, enable Bluetooth on the device you wish to pair them with. After that, find your headphones or earbuds in the list of available Bluetooth devices and connect the two together.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to put Jabra earbuds and headphones into pairing mode
Before using your Jabra earbuds or headphones with another device, you must put them into pairing mode. The specifics for doing this may vary between Jabra models, but in general, here’s what to do:
- For headphones and earbuds with a multifunction button, push the multifunction button for three to five seconds (depending on the model) until the Bluetooth LED flashes and the “pairing mode” prompt plays. For some models, such as the Jabra Elite 65t, press and hold the right earbud button only. On other models, such as the Jabra Elite 4, you’ll need to simultaneously press the left and right buttons.
- If your headset doesn’t have a case (usually mono headsets), turn on the headset. Then, press the Answer/end button for around three seconds. A voice prompt will say, “pairing mode,” and the Bluetooth LED will begin flashing.
- For mono headsets with a charging case, dock the headset in the case. Make sure the headset is charged. Then, press and hold the Battery Status button for around three seconds until you see the LED flashing Blue.
How to pair Jabra headphones and earbuds to your Android phone
After you’ve put your Jabra earbuds or headphones into pairing mode, you can pair them to an Android phone:
- Open Settings > Connected devices > Pair new device. To access this option, ensure Bluetooth is enabled.
- Wait for your Jabra device to appear on the list.
- Tap on the name of your Jabra earbuds or headphones.
Note that these steps may vary slightly depending on the brand and model of your Android phone. Newer Jabra earbuds like the Elite 3 and Elite 5 have Google Fast Pair. With this, your Jabra earbuds will use one-step pairing to connect to an Android phone (Android 6 or later).
How to pair Jabra earbuds with an iPhone
Pairing Jabra headphones to an iPhone is similar to pairing them with an Android phone. First, put the headphones into pairing mode, then:
- Open Settings > Bluetooth on your iPhone and ensure Bluetooth is enabled.
- Wait for your Jabra earbuds to appear on the list.
- Tap on your earbuds.
How to pair Jabra earbuds to a Windows PC manually or with Microsoft Swift Pair
For PCs with Bluetooth, here’s how to pair Jabra earbuds and headphones with your PC. As usual, put the headphones or earbuds in pairing mode. Then enable Bluetooth on your PC. Afterward, here’s what to do:
- Open Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth.
- Wait for the Jabra earbuds or headphones to appear on the list.
- Select the Jabra earbuds or headphones.
The Jabra Elite 5 have Microsoft Swift Pair. You can connect them to a device running Windows 10 or later by doing the following:
- Enable Microsoft Swift Pair by going Settings > Bluetooth & other devices > check Show notifications to connect using Swift Pair.
- Put your Jabra Elite 5 into pairing mode near your Windows 10 machine.
- A notification will appear on the screen, prompting you to pair the Elite 5 to the computer.
- Tap Connect.
How to pair Jabra devices to a Mac
Mac owners can also use Jabra headphones and earbuds with their computers. Put your Jabra device into pairing mode. Then enable Bluetooth on your Mac. After that, here’s what to do:
- Open Apple Menu > System Settings > Bluetooth.
- Wait for your Jabra headphones to appear on the list.
- Click on your headphones (you may need to click Accept, too).
Top Jabra earbuds questions and answers
Not usually. The device you pair your Jabra headphones or earbuds to should remember them and connect automatically the next time you’re within range and turn on your headphones or earbuds.
Jabra’s earbuds work across platforms. You can connect them to Android or iPhone, but there are some Android-friendly features with many of Jabra’s headsets, like Google Fast Pair and Spotify Tap. iPhone owners can’t use either of these features.
Yes, here’s a list of Jabra earbuds that support Bluetooth multipoint:
- Jabra Elite Active 65t
- Jabra Elite Active 75t
- Jabra Elite 5
- Jabra Elite 7 Active
- Jabra Elite 7 Pro
- Jabra Elite 45h
- Jabra Elite 65t
- Jabra Elite 75t
- Jabra Elite 85h