Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to get Apple Music for free
If you’ve always wanted to try Apple Music but don’t quite want to commit to a full subscription, here’s how to get free Apple Music. You can do this in a few ways, so read on to find out what they are.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
Get one month of free Apple music by signing up for a trial
The most direct way to get free Apple Music is by signing up for a one-month trial. Note that this is only for new subscribers.
How to sign up for an Apple Music free trial:
- Head to the Apple Music website and click on Try 1 month free.
- Click on Sign in if you have an Apple account, or Create if you’re new.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Choose an individual subscription.
After one month, your subscription will cost $10.99 monthly unless you cancel.
Get six months for free after buying certain Apple products
Apple offers six months of free Apple Music if you purchase certain products. Similar to signing up for a trial, this is only available for new subscribers. To take advantage of this offer, you can buy any of the following products:
- AirPods Pro series
- AirPods (2nd and 3rd generation)
- AirPods Max
- HomePod mini
- Beats Fit Pro
- Beats Studio Buds
- Beats Powerbeats
- Beats Powerbeats Pro
- Beats Solo Pro
- Beats Fit Pro
How to redeem your six free months:
- Ensure your iPhone or iPad is fully up-to-date.
- Pair the eligible device with your iPhone or iPad.
- Open the Apple Music app on your iPhone or iPad and sign in with your Apple ID. The offer should appear automatically, but if it doesn’t, go to the Listen Now tab, and it should be there.
- Tap on Get 6 months free and follow the on-screen instructions.
Note that you have 90 days after first pairing your eligible Apple device with your iPhone or iPad to take advantage of this offer.
Get four months for free after buying certain products at Best Buy
If you don’t want to buy anything from Apple’s list of eligible products, you can buy certain products from Best Buy to get four months of free Apple Music. The roster of eligible products may change, but Best Buy lists them all here. As usual, this offer is only for new subscribers.
One advantage of this approach is that you can snag it after purchasing things like adapters or cables, in addition to headphones and speakers.
Get Apple Music for free with select Verizon contracts
Certain Verizon subscribers can also get Apple Music with select Unlimited plans, while others can snag up to six months for free.
The following plans include Apple Music:
- Get More Unlimited 5G UW (if you subscribed before 08/20/20)
- 5G Get More Unlimited
- One Unlimited for iPhone
Unlimited plans with six months of free Apple Music:
- Play More Unlimited 5G UW (if you subscribed on or after 08/20/20)
- 5G Start Unlimited
- 5G Do More Unlimited
- 5G Play More Unlimited
Note that you get one opportunity per line with a qualifying Unlimited plan to take advantage of this offer. If you have multiple lines that qualify, you must add them one at a time to this offer.
Get a free trial with Shazam
Shazam also offers a free Apple Music trial from time to time. The duration of this offer sometimes varies, but it’s currently three months.
How to get three months of Apple Music from Shazam:
- Head to www.shazam.com/applemusic.
- Scan the QR code with your phone.
- Tap on Continue.
- Select Try it free.
- Double-press the Power button to confirm.
No, these offers are one-time only.
Can’t get Apple Music for free anymore? If you choose to pay for it, it costs $10.99 a month for an Individual account. A Family plan will cost you $16.99 monthly. Otherwise, students can enjoy it for the lower price of $5.99. If you only want to use Apple Music with Siri, there’s also a cheaper $5.99 per month Voice plan.
The Apple Music Family plan offers access to six total users.
No. Apple Music has no ads.