If you want to sell your phone or are experiencing performance issues, you should consider doing a factory reset. There are two ways you can do it on the LG G8 ThinQ, which we’ll take a closer look at in this post.
But before we jump into the nitty-gritty, please note that a factory reset will delete all the data (images, videos, apps…) from your phone, so make sure you back it up first. However, it won’t wipe anything off the SIM or microSD card.
How to factory reset LG G8 from the settings
This is the easiest and fastest way to factory reset the LG G8. Head into the settings of your device, tap the “General” tab on top, and choose the “Restart & reset” option. Then tap “Factory data reset” and select the “Reset phone” option at the bottom. To finish the process, tap “Delete all” followed by “Reset,” after which your phone will turn off and revert back to factory settings.
- Open the settings menu.
- Tap the “General” tab on top and choose the “Restart & reset” option.
- Select the “Factory data reset” option.
- Tap the “Reset phone” option at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap “Delete all” followed by “Reset” to finish the process.
How to factory reset LG G8 using Recovery mode
If your phone is unresponsive and you can’t access the settings, you’ll have to factory reset it using the Recovery mode. It’s a completely different process than the one described above but is just as easy and fast.
The first thing to do is to turn off your LG G8 ThinQ. Then press and hold the power and volume down buttons simultaneously and wait for the LG logo to appear on the screen. Once it does, keep holding the volume down button but release the power button for a second and then press and hold it again. A “Factory data reset” screen will show up, after which you can release both buttons. To wipe all data off the device, use the volume down button to highlight “Yes” and then press the power button to confirm.
- Turn off your LG G8 ThinQ.
- Press and hold the volume down and power buttons at the same time.
- When the LG logo appears, keep holding the volume down button but release the power button and then press and hold it again.
- Release both buttons once the “Factory data reset” screen shows up.
- Use the volume down button to highlight the “Yes” option.
- Press the power button to confirm and finish the process.
There you have it, folks, That’s how you can factory reset your LG G8 ThinQ. Which method did you use? Let us know in the comments.