Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to exit the Wear OS tutorial on any version
Setting up a new wearable can be cumbersome and time-consuming. When you finally get to unboxing your new smartwatch, that last thing you want to do is power through a tutorial. We break down how to exit or skip the getting started guide on any Wear OS version, so you can get strapped in sooner.
Read more: The complete Wear OS buyer’s guide
This probably isn't your first rodeo, so don't waste time with a walkthrough. Skip the standard tutorial on any Wear OS by tapping Later or, in the case of the Galaxy Watch 4, tapping excessively.
FOLLOW THE RIGHT STEPS FOR YOUR DEVICE
How to exit the Wear OS tutorial on Wear OS 3 devices
There is only one Wear OS 3 device on the market, the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4. It’s a powerful smartwatch, that once you get your hands on, you’ll be eager to start using. Get going sooner by tapping out of the device’s tutorial, literally.
- Set up your wearable as usual until you reach the screen that says, “Take a tour of your watch.”
- Tap Start to begin the tour.
- Quickly, excessively tap the center of the watch’s display until it exits the instructionals.
If you immediately change your mind about blowing off the walkthrough, swipe to and tap on your new alert to access getting started tips. You can also read our complete guide to learn more about using your device.
How to skip the Wear OS tutorial on Wear OS 2 devices
- Set up your wearable as usual until you reach the Wear OS tutorial screen. Here you will find two options, Learn more and Later.
- Tap Later to postpone (and likely indefinitely skip) the Wear OS tutorial.
On these devices, skipping the welcome package will trigger a notification (as shown on the TicWatch Pro 3 Ultra above) which you can then tap to open or clear.
How to skip on older Wear OS 2 devices
- Set up your wearable as usual until you reach the Welcome to Wear OS tutorial screen.
- Upfront, you will only see the button labeled Learn more. However, if you press and hold this button, a second button appears labeled Later.
- Tap Later to skip the Wear OS tutorial.
If you find yourself itching to go through the motions down the line, you can launch the tutorial from the Settings menu on your device. Additionally, if you start and then abandon the walkthrough, you can restart where you left off by swiping up to your notifications and tapping the relevant one.
Read more: The best Wear OS watches