The Samsung Galaxy S10 phones all come with the company’s One UI skin out of the box. As a result, you can turn on dark mode for all of these phones, along with the other Samsung phones that already have their One UI update: the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus, the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus, and Galaxy Note 8 and Note 9.
Read more: Guide to Samsung phones
Turning on dark mode on the Galaxy S10 will allow the phone to conserve its battery charge, so you can get more use out of the phone. Also, many people just prefer the look of the One UI with Dark Mode enabled. Here’s how to turn on dark mode for the Samsung Galaxy S10 phones or any phone with the One UI skin.
How to turn on dark mode for the Samsung Galaxy S10, S9, and Note 9
As you will see, enabling dark mode on your Galaxy S10, and on any other One UI-based Samsung phone, is pretty simple. Here’s how to do it:
- Tap on the phone’s Settings icon
- Scroll down through the menu option until you see the Display selection, and then tap on it.
- You will see toggles for Light and Dark modes. Tap on the Dark toggle to enable Dark Mode.
That’s all there is to it. Samsung has also added an option in a One UI update to set up Dark Mode so that it turns on automatically at night, and turns off during the day. You have to have your location settings turned on to do this.
- Tap on the Dark Mode Settings below the Dark and light mode toggles
- Tap on the Sunset to Sunrise toggle.
- Alternatively, you can tap on the Custom Schedule toggle to set up specific times to switch back and forth between Light and Dark modes?
Are you going to use dark mode on your Galaxy S10 phone? Let us know in the comments!