Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to delete apps on your Apple Watch
Adding apps to your watch is easy, but how about taking them off? Find out how to delete an app from your Apple Watch for a cleaner, faster-running device.
Read more: Apple Watch buyer’s guide
To delete an app from your Apple Watch, long-press any app in your gallery and tap Edit apps. This will prompt x icons to appear next to all removable apps. Tap the x near the app you no longer want.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
Delete apps on your Apple Watch
Got too many apps on your wrist? Tired of zooming in and out on your Apple Watch home screen? The quickest way to delete an app from your watch is to do so right on the device itself.
- On your Apple Watch, open your app gallery.
- If your apps are in List View, swipe left next to the app you want to remove. Tap the red trash icon, then Delete App.
- If your apps are in Grid View, long-press any app and tap Edit apps when the option appears. Tap the x icon next to the app you want to remove, then Delete App.
Delete Apple Watch apps from an iPhone
If you remove an app from your iPhone, it will automatically be removed from your Apple Watch. If you would like to remove an app from your watch but not from your phone, follow the steps below.
- On your paired iPhone, open the Watch app and tap the My Watch tab.
- Scroll down to the apps listed under Installed on Apple Watch and tap the app you want to delete.
- Toggle off Show App on Apple Watch. This will remove the app from your watch, but keep it on your iPhone.
This method only works for the removal of third-party apps. To delete a first-party app, you will need to do so from the watch itself.
Can you delete pre-installed apps from your Apple Watch?
You can delete some but not all pre-installed apps from your Apple Watch, such as Breathe and Remote. If you want them back at any point, they remain available through the App Store on your device or in the Watch app on your iPhone.