Did you watch an episode or two of an Amazon Prime Video show that you couldn’t get into? Maybe it was an embarrassing movie on a shared account, and you want to get rid of terrible recommendations? You can quickly fix things up by clearing your Amazon Prime Video history. Here are our step-by-step instructions.
You can sign up for the service at the link below:
How to delete Amazon Prime Video history on your browser
Just like Netflix, Prime Video stores your watch history to improve its recommendations. So, if you want to get rid of a show that’s been appearing nonstop, it’s time to clear similar entries from your watch history. Here is how you can do that via your browser:
- Go to the Amazon website and sign in to your Amazon Prime account.
- Hover over Accounts & Lists in the top right corner, and select Your Prime Video from the dropdown menu.
- Once you are on the Prime Video page, again in the right corner, click on Settings. You will be redirected to an Account and Settings page.
- Click on the Activity tab and then the View Watch History option box. All of the movies and shows you’ve recently watched will be there. This includes videos you’ve watched on other devices such as your smartphone, Fire TV, and so on.
- To remove a show or movie from your history, click on the Hide This link below the title. You can also tick the “I prefer not to use this for recommendations” option if all you care about are accurate recommendations. It can be found on the right side of the screen.
Unfortunately, you can’t clear your entire Amazon Prime Video history in one go through your browser. You will have to diligently remove item by item instead.
How to delete search history on the Amazon Prime Video app
The Prime Video app doesn’t have an option that allows you to see or clear your watch history. However, you can still remove your search history — we won’t judge! Here is how to do it on most versions of the app:
- Open the Prime Video app.
- Tap the My Stuff option on the bottom right corner of the app.
- Go to the Settings option (the gear icon) at the top right corner.
- Tap Clear Video Search History.
These are our tips on how to clear your Amazon Prime Video history. Did we help you improve your recommendations? Let us know in the comments.