Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to connect AirPods to Apple TV
If you have an Apple TV and AirPods, then getting the two to work together is usually straightforward. Here’s how to get them synced up.
If the Apple TV and AirPods are both under the same Apple ID, they should sync automatically. Try holding the Play/Pause button on your Apple TV remote when on the home screen if that doesn't happen right away.
For AirPods not under the same Apple ID as an Apple TV, open the Settings menu on your Apple TV, go to Remotes and Devices > Other Devices > Bluetooth, then open the lid of your AirPods' charging case or take them out and put them in your years, and then press the pairing button until the LED blinks white. The Apple TV and AirPods should then sync together.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
Connect AirPods to an Apple TV with the same Apple ID
If your AirPods and Apple TV are registered under the same Apple ID, they should connect to each other automatically. Simply having the two close to each other should be enough to get them synced. If that’s not the case, the following steps may help:
- Either wear your AirPods or open the charging case with them inside.
- Go to the home screen on your Apple TV.
- Hold the Play/Pause button on your Apple TV remote.
- Choose your AirPods when they show up on screen.
Connect AirPods to an Apple TV with different Apple IDs
If automatic Apple ID syncing doesn’t work or you want use your AirPods one a different Apple TV, you can still connect them:
- Ensure your AirPods aren’t connected to anything else, they’re in the charging case.
- Open the Settings menu on your Apple TV by clicking on the silver gears icon.
- Go to Remotes and Devices > Other Devices > Bluetooth.
- Open the lid of your AirPods’ charging case or take them out and put them in your years, then press the pairing button on the case until the LED blinks white.
- Your AirPods and Apple TV should sync together.
After doing this once, you only have to do step four again and the AirPods should connect once more.
Yes, but the pairing steps for other brands of headphones and earbuds may vary, so check the documentation that came with them.