A great YouTube channel name is almost as vital as the content itself. You want a punchy and easily searchable name to maximize views and subscribers. It’s important to know how to set up a YouTube channel name to get the full potential of your profile.
Successful rebrands can get people talking, but you have to know how to get started. Here are the steps you’ll need to update your channel name.
How to change your YouTube channel name:
1. Sign in to your YouTube channel. This is a fairly obvious first step, and it should take you right to your YouTube homepage.
2. Click on the Settings gear icon. This is on the dropdown menu in the top right corner of the page. You can find the Settings button in between the Language button and the Your Data on YouTube button.
3. Next, you’ll see an overview page of your channel settings. It should look like the image below. From here, click Edit on Google which will take you to another page.
4. Now, you should see a page that looks like the picture below. This is where you can change both your profile picture and your name.
5. Then just change your name! The steps aren’t too tricky, but make sure you have a good name ready to switch in.
What else should I know?
There are a couple of points to bear in mind when you change your YouTube channel name. The name on your channel is the same name that’s associated with your Google account, so if you change one you change them all. You are also only able to change your name three times in 90 days, so be careful before you get too crazy. Also, if your Google account is managed by your school or company, you may not be able to make changes.
What else can I do on YouTube?
Changing your YouTube channel name is just the tip of the iceberg. There are lots of other elements that go into building a successful channel, including themes, subscribers, video optimization, and more. If you’re really looking to make a run at becoming a content creator, you might want to grab a little bit of training first.
We found a YouTube Masterclass on Tech Deals, and it just might fit the bill.
The learning kit covers six hours of content that focus exclusively on building up your channel. From starting with zero subscribers and zero videos, you can explore tips and tricks to build up your following. The YouTube Masterclass has a retail value just shy of $300, but you can get started now for just $15.
More than 500 people have already signed up, so you might be facing some competition from other new channels. Hit the widget below and start working towards your gold play button.
Is this deal not quite right for you? To see all our hottest deals, head over to the DEALS HUB.