The Honor 8 Pro was launched in Europe earlier this year, and the company’s flagship smartphone has now launched in India. The Honor 8 Pro packs top-of-the-line specifications and looks every bit as brilliant as phones that cost a couple of hundred dollars more.
The Honor 8 Pro sports a 5.7-inch Quad HD 2K display and runs the company’s proprietary software, EMUI 5.1 on top of Android Nougat. Powered by Kirin 960 – Huawei’s top-tier chipset, Honor 8 Pro packs in 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage. Honor 8 Pro boasts of fourth generation of the dual cameras with twin 12 MP cameras – an RGB sensor for color and a monochrome sensor for details.
Honor is committed to scale new heights of product innovation and customer centricity through its products. We are focused on embedding powerful features in our devices at an affordable price to accommodate consumers’ lifestyle. With the Honor 8 Pro, we set out to push the boundaries on all fronts. The Honor 8 Pro offers market-leading specifications by pushing the boundary of smartphone design, providing 2K display, extra-long battery life, dual camera setup and delivering powerful performance to ensure best experiences across the scenarios that today’s smartphone users care most about. Honor can do this like no other due to its unique e-commerce business model and world-class R&D capabilities.
– P Sanjeev, Vice President Sales, Huawei India – Consumer Business Group
Encased in a unibody metal chassis, the Honor 8 Pro comes in two color variants – Midnight Black and Navy Blue.
Honor 8 Pro Specifications
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5.1
- Display: 5.7-inch QuadHD (1440 x 2560) LTPS-IPS LCD | 515ppi | 2.5D Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 960 | Octa-core CPU (4xCortex-A73@2.4GHz + 4xCortex-A53@1.8GHz) | Mali-G71 GPU
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB; expandable up to 256 GB with microSD card
- Front Camera: 8 MP | f/2.0 aperture | 1080p @ 30fps video capture
- Rear Camera: Dual 12MP camera with hybrid AF | RGB and Monochrome sensors | f/2.2 aperture | Dual-tone flash | 2160p and 1080p @ 30/60fps video capture
- Battery: 4,000 mAh | 18W fast charging
- Dimensions: 157 x 77.5 x 7 mm
- Weight: 184 grams
At a price of ₹29,990 ($463), the Honor 8 Pro has managed to squeeze in a well-rounded flagship device in mid-tier price segment. The device goes on sale on July 10 at 6 PM on Amazon – exclusively available to Prime members on Prime Day.
What are your thoughts on the Honor 8 Pro and its pricing? Tell us in the comments!