Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
To celebrate International Women's Day, Google Play Store features games made by women
With International Women’s Day only a week away, Google wants to celebrate the upcoming occasion by featuring games made by women on the Play Store.
Here’s the list of featured games and the women behind those games:
- Symphony — Designed by 18-year-old high schooler Erin Alvarico in tandem with Girls Make Games, as part of Google Play’s Change the Game Design Challenge.
- Monument Valley 2 — Producer Adrienne Law was part of the team that brought the game to life.
- Burly Men at Sea — The creative writing, art, design, and animation comes from the talented Brooke Condolora.
- AdVenture Capitalist — Emily Greer is the CEO of Kongregate, the platform and publisher that helped the developers of the game.
- Words With Friends 2 — Zynga’s principal game designer Katherine James developed the popular Scrabble-like social word game.
- 80 Days — Meg Jayanth is the writer behind the game’s 750,000-word script.
- Furistas Cat Cafe — Managing director Zoe Hobson and creative director Emma Johansson co-founded the studio behind the game.
In addition to games, the Play Store also features movies, books, and audiobooks that include strong female protagonists. They include Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, The Hunger Games series, Mad Max Fury Road, Bossypants, I Am Malala, and much more.
The Play Store will feature the content from today through March 9, the day after International Women’s Day. You can click on the button below to check out the full list of featured content.