Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: Here's what you think of the Pixel 7 colors
The Google Pixel 7 series is launching this week, but we’ve already seen a few details emerge courtesy of official and unofficial channels. In fact, Google has shown off all the colorways ahead of launch too.
We wanted to know what Android Authority readers thought of the Pixel 7 series colors, posting a poll last week to find out. The results are finally in, and here’s what you told us.
What do you think of the Pixel 7 colors?
The phones are available in Obsidian (black) and Snow (white), while the standard model also has a Lemongrass option and the Pro variant is available in Hazel. So what did readers think of these colors?
Over 1,600 votes were tallied after we posted the poll on September 29, and 55.54% of surveyed readers said they liked the Pixel 7 series colors. This suggests that many readers are happy with basic colorways like black and white.
More Google coverage: How Pixel phone pricing changed over the years
Meanwhile, 24.01% of respondents say they don’t like the Pixel 7 series colorways. We can understand this opinion, as most of these color options do seem very safe compared to past variants like Coral, Sorta Sage, and Oh So Orange.
Finally, 20.46% of surveyed readers say they’re indifferent to the colorways on option. In fact, a couple of readers noted that they didn’t care because they slapped a case on their phones anyway.
- Drone9: Did the Manager of Color leave Google or something? Having a dual tone color is Google’s niche design, why did they have to trample on their own feet by missing out on the opportunity for these few color combos? Yellow+black, Red+black, White+black, Blue/teal+chrome silver
- Lirch: These colors are lame. I wish Google would make bright Google branded colors! It would really set them apart.
- Rob A.: I don’t understand how color is relevant if you use a case, as most people seem to.
- : I love the look of the Hazel Pixel 7 Pro
- JWB: They’re not terrible, but I’d have preferred more options; a mint green, a lilac, a bronze for example? Just more options altogether because what you’re actually asking is if anyone likes the yellowy-green because most other phones offer black and white these days, it’s just a basic given rather than being a question of colours.
- Kevin Mikulaj: Need the old Nokia Lumia colors.
- Rac3r4Life: I like the colors. I think the colors match well with the color theme across their entire product line.
- : Since I always use a skin and a case the color doesn’t matter to me but the colors of the Pixel 7 series are a little bland IMO.
- Mac jackson: Indifferent since most likely, never own one. However, it might be the first phone in many years where the black is the best looking with that silver camera module bar running across the back. Can always purchase skins to change the color.