Google announced the Google Pixel 3 and Google Pixel 3 XL in New York City on October 9. Although numerous leaks over the past few months told us pretty much everything we needed to know about the design and specs of the devices, we didn’t know how much the Pixel 3 line would cost or when we’d be able to get one for ourselves.
With Google’s event completed, we finally know everything there is to know about the company’s latest pair of flagships.
Update, October 18, 2018 (2:31PM EST): Pixel 3 devices are now available to buy directly from retailers rather than simply pre-ordering. However, many shops are showing out-of-stock notifications, with even the Google Store saying there will be a two-week delay before shipments begin. Get your orders in sooner rather than later!
Google Pixel 3 release date
Last year’s Google Pixel 2 and Google Pixel 2 XL were made available for pre-order right after the 2017 Google hardware event, and this year is no different. The Google Pixel 3 and Google Pixel 3 XL are available for pre-order starting October 9, with a ship date of October 17.
Google Pixel 3 price and availability
The starting price of last year’s Google Pixel 2 was $649 for the 64GB model, while the 128GB model was priced at $749. Meanwhile, the Google Pixel 2 XL cost $849 for the 64GB model and $949 for the 128GB variant.
This year, Google raised the price considerably for the Pixel 3. The Google Pixel 3 starts at $799 for the 64GB model and the 128GB model goes for $899. The Google Pixel 3 XL price-raising is less extreme, starting at $899 for the 64GB variant and going all the way up to $999 for the 128GB model.
Google did add some new color options, though. Along with the usual Just Black and Clearly White, the company added the new Not Pink to the collection (which, ironically, looks very pink).
Here’s how you can get ahold of your new smartphone!
- Verizon: As with year’s past, the only Big Four carrier from which you can buy the Google Pixel 3 is Verizon. The Pixel 3 will cost you $33.33 per month for 24 months, and the Google Pixel 3 XL will cost you $38.74 per month for 24 months. Verizon is also running a buy-one-get-one-free deal for the devices.
- Unlocked: If you don’t want to buy from Verizon, you can buy the phones unlocked directly from Google for use on nearly any American carrier.
- Project Fi: The Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL will also be available through Google’s own Project Fi, naturally. Like with Verizon, Project Fi subscribers can take advantage of a buy-one-get-one-free deal.
- Best Buy: General sales are now available at Best Buy for the Verizon versions of the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL. If you pre-order either phone in any memory configuration, Best Buy will give you a $100 Best Buy gift card for free. The promotion is in addition to Verizon’s buy-one-get-one-free deal. Best Buy is currently not selling the unlocked versions of the devices.
- Target: Even though Target lists the Verizon versions of the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL, the phones are listed as “out of stock.” However, the retailer currently offers a $150 Target gift card for anyone that buys and activates either Pixel smartphone on Verizon. The deal lasts through October 20.
No matter how you buy a Pixel 3 you’re going to get some freebies, such as free YouTube Premium for six months and free unlimited high-res photo storage on Google Photos until 2022.
Click one of the buttons at the bottom of this article to get your pre-order started!