Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: Most people use Google Assistant for a variety of things
I consider myself a pretty boring Google Assistant user. I use it quite frequently on my phones and Google Home speakers, but really only to ask it general questions and to tell me the weather.
That’s why we asked you last week to tell us what you use Google Assistant for. Are you a boring user like me, or do you command your smart home with the voice assistant? Out of over 1,400 total votes, the results were actually pretty even.
What do you use Google Assistant for most often?
18% of voters said they use Google Assistant for controlling their smart home products, 16.6% use it to ask general questions, and 16.5% use it to play music around their house. 15.1% use it to set reminders, and 14.6% use Assistant to ask about the weather.
Here are some of the best comments from last week’s poll explaining why they voted the way that they did:
- I don’t. Because, even though I live in town – and have 5 bars on my 4-month old G8 – when, while driving down the road I say, “OK Google, call (my brother) 70% of the time I get:” I’m sorry, I can’t reach the internet right now. So I use Cortana instead. Just makes me appreciate how well the voice assistant in Windows Phone worked 5 years ago and what a useless disaster Android is in this area.
- I use assistant for everything
- Mainly Google broadcast to call everyone to meals and in this heat using smart plugs to turn fans on and off.
- I use it quite a bit while driving to send text messages.
- Smart home control, broadcasts around the house, and definitely routines for me. And alarms, timers, shopping list, music… Okay. We use ours a lot.
- I use it ONLY to set my alarms for work or any special occasion
That’s it for this week, everyone. As always, thanks for voting, thanks for the comments, and don’t forget to let us know what you thought of the results below!