Nintendo didn’t set out to create an entertainment center like the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Instead, the Switch is a gaming console you can play docked or as a handheld. It’s a great platform, especially for on-the-go gamers and long-time Nintendo fans. But that gaming-first theme seemingly keeps the multimedia app library at a minimum. You won’t find Netflix on the eShop, but there are a few alternatives. In this guide we show you how to get Hulu on the Nintendo Switch.
Don’t have a Hulu subscription? Start your free trial by clicking the button below!
How to install Hulu on Nintendo Switch
1. Select the Nintendo eShop icon and press the “A” button.
2. The eShop isn’t app friendly. You’ll need to perform a search.
3. Type Hulu in the search field using your Joy-Cons or Pro controller.
4. Select Hulu from the search results and press the “A” button.
5. Select the Download (or Redownload) button and press the “A” button.
6. Go back out to the Home screen and wait.
7. Select Hulu and press the “A” button after installation.
8. Log in if you already have an account or select the free trial.
Sign up on the web option
1. Head to https://www.hulu.com/start/nintendoswitch on your PC or mobile device.
2. Enter the device activation code provided on the Switch screen.
3. Click the green Sign up now button and create your account.
Sign up on this device option
1. Select one of three plans:
- $5.99 per month – Hulu with ads
- $11.99 per month – No ads
- $44.99 per month – Hulu + Live TV
2. Select Continue.
3. Follow the instructions to create a new account.
That wraps up our guide on how to get Hulu on the Nintendo Switch. For additional related tips and tricks, check out these guides: