Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
You told us: Galaxy Z Fold 3 or Galaxy Z Flip 3? The winner surprised us.
We’ve had little over a week to truly consider the pros and cons of Samsung’s new foldables. The Galaxy Z Fold 3 is the firm’s new year-end flagship, bringing heaps of improvements to the larger folding format. Meanwhile, the Galaxy Z Flip 3 is even more affordable, smaller, and attractive as a gateway foldable.
So, which would you purchase? That’s a question we posed to our readers in a recent poll and the votes are in.
Which new Samsung foldable would you get?
We saw a little over 1,100 votes on this poll, but the results are pretty surprising.
While you’d likely think the larger, more impressive Galaxy Z Fold 3 would win readers’ hearts, this isn’t the case. Instead, it only garnered 40.5% of the support from our readers. The Galaxy Z Flip 3 raked in just short of 60% of the vote, making it the preferred foldable smartphone among our readers.
This might not come as a surprise for some. The Galaxy Z Flip 3 packs all the benefits of a traditional phone in a device that folds in half. For those longing for more compact smartphones, this is probably the closest you’ll get to that ideal. It also steadily improves over its predecessor, bringing water resistance, a hardier shell, and a larger outer screen. That said, you do lose out on some exclusive Galaxy Z Fold 3 perks, like S Pen support, a larger folding display, and more cameras.
As for the comments, well, they were a mixed bag. Although the poll results suggest the Galaxy Z Flip 3 is the overwhelming favorite, comments suggest it’s more complicated. Several readers would’ve voted “neither” if presented with the option. The Galaxy Z Fold 3 also gets more support here than the Z Flip 3. Peruse some more hot takes from our readers below.
- Techngro: If price wasn’t a concern, it would be the Fold 3. As it stands, price is a concern, so neither.
- ThatDudeKee: Neither. BS camera and no expandable memory support. They’re going backwards.
- Ron johnson: I wish they could have these with better cameras. If they could put the S21 Ultra camera system on the Z Flip, I’d be all in.
- bigdav1178: You need a “neither” option. I think they are putting way too much emphasis on these foldable phones; I don’t feel like there’s a huge market for them… at least not at this point.
- Kristopher Lewis: Z fold 3, already preordered.
- Konrad Uroda-Darlak: Z Fold 3, because Flip is useless.
That’s it for this poll. Thanks for voting and commenting. Drop a comment below if you have any additional thoughts about the Galaxy Z Fold 3, Galaxy Z Flip 3, or the poll results.