Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 battery sizes revealed in new listing
- A regulator in China has listed the battery capacities of the Galaxy Watch 6 and the Galaxy Watch 6 Classic.
- The largest variants of both models will share the same battery.
- The new battery is a 5% improvement over the Galaxy Watch 5.
Previous leaks have suggested that the Galaxy Watch 6 could see an upgrade for a battery. Thanks to a new listing from a China-based regulator, we may now know what to expect for battery capacity.
According to SamMobile, a regulator in China has posted an online listing for the Galaxy Watch 6. The listing is said to contain the battery specs for both the standard model and the Classic. According to the outlet, the standard model and the Classic will come in two sizes with the largest variants sharing the same size battery.
Based on the listing, here’s what we can expect:
- Galaxy Watch 6 40mm (SM-R930/SM-R935): 300mAh battery
- Galaxy Watch 6 44mm (SM-R940/SM-R945): 425mAh battery
- Galaxy Watch 6 Classic 42mm (SM-R950/SM-R955): 300mAh battery
- Galaxy Watch 6 Classic 46mm (SM-R960/SM-R965): 425mAh battery
This new information aligns with what we’ve previously heard from rumors. However, there’s no mention of a Pro device. It’s possible that when earlier leaks mentioned a Pro model, they were actually referencing the Classic instead.
If these are in fact the battery capacities for the standard edition and the Classic, that would mean each device is getting roughly a 5% improvement from the Galaxy Watch 5. However, this would be a downgrade compared to the 590mAh battery found on the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro.
In addition to the bigger battery, it’s rumored that the Watch 6 could have some battery life improvement features. One such feature could see a MicroLED display installed in the device instead of a SuperAMOLED screen.