Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Galaxy S10 TV commercial airs early in Norway, spoils what’s left of the surprise
We can’t say this is the last big Galaxy S10 leak (there’s still a day to go until Unpacked), but here it goes.
This morning Norwegian TV station TV2 aired a full commercial for the Galaxy S10, a full day ahead of its official launch. Picked up by Norwegian website Tek.no, the 30-second clip confirms the key features of the Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus, including the ultrasonic fingerprint reader, triple camera on the rear, and reverse wireless charging.
A TV2 representative confirmed the station aired the ad accidentally. This is a 100-percent real Samsung commercial, in case you had any doubts remaining about the intensely leaked pair of flagships. You’ll probably see a version of the ad in your local market, as soon as Samsung unleashes its massive marketing budget upon it.
The video shows the key selling points Samsung plans to focus on, including:
- The Infinity-O display that embeds the selfie camera via a punch hole. The Galaxy S10 Plus will feature a pill-shaped cutout that houses dual selfie cams for improved bokeh. The Galaxy S10, meanwhile, comes with a single selfie camera.
- The ultrasonic fingerprint scanner embedded in the Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus OLED display. Besides unlocking, the scanner could potentially allow for some sort of biometric content locking. We still don’t know if the scanner will work with normal screen protectors or just the hideous ones.
- Three cameras on the back, alongside a flash and a heart rate sensor. The camera lenses will have different view angles, similar to the Huawei Mate 20 Pro and the upcoming LG G8.
- Reverse wireless charging — just place a compatible device on the back of the Galaxy S10 and watch it charge wirelessly. Again, Huawei has a leg up on Samsung here.
- The Galaxy Buds will be bundled with Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus pre-orders made between February 20 and March 7. Samsung will probably run this promo in multiple markets, not just Norway.
Read more about the Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, and S10 5G in our rumor roundup and let us know what you think of this commercial!