Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Fitbit Ionic: Adidas Edition offers step-by-step coaching to improve your running
One of the more notable collaborations in the fitness world — at least when it comes to wearables — is Apple and Nike’s Apple Watch Nike+. Offering more activity tracking features and better hardware, it’s a solid option for those looking for a more fitness-focused smartwatch.
Now, two other fitness giants are teaming up to create a special edition smartwatch — Fitbit and Adidas.
The headline feature of the new Fitbit Ionic: Adidas Edition is the Adidas Train app, which offers six on-device workouts that aim to help runners improve form, cardio, and speed:
- Dynamic Warm Up: gets your body warmed up by increasing your core temperature
- Power Pace: helps train your body to be more flexible and efficient
- Metabolic: helps boost your metabolism and increase your speed
- Run Activation: helps increase core, hip, and shoulder stability
- Strong Strides: helps build strength throughout your run
- Post Run Stretch: a quick cool-down stretch for after your run
It also comes with a two-tone sport band in Ink Blue and Ice Gray colors.
Aside from the new training app, the Adidas Edition Ionic has all the same features of the original Fitbit Ionic we reviewed in November, which may not be a good thing if you’re looking for a stellar smartwatch. Fitbit’s smartwatch OS is pretty clunky. Overall though, we found it to be a great fitness and sleep tracker.
The new smartwatch is now on sale at Fitbit.com and other retailers for $329.95, which is $30 more than the standard Ionic. It’ll be available in stores on Monday, March 19, and on Amazon, Best Buy, Dick’s, Kohl’s, Macy’s, and Nordstrom.