Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Facebook releases revamped Slingshot 2.0, following user feedback
Remember Facebook’s competitor to Snapchat, named Slingshot, which launched around the mid-point of the year? Well, the privacy focused messaging app has just received a hefty 2.0 update, complete with new features and a revamped layout.
The development team went back to the drawing board with Slingshot 2.0, having received rather mixed feedback from early users. As a result, a number of new features have been implemented. Previews before sending make a welcome appearance, there are five new photo filters to play with, along with a selection of drawing and emoji tools. Instant sharing to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other social apps has also been included, among other tweaks. Here’s a copy of the change-log:
- Quickly shoot and share moments throughout your day
- Get creative with filters, drawings and emojis
- Shots stick around for 24 hours or until they’re swiped away
- Reply to any shot with a private photo or video reaction
- Connect with friends and follow awesome people around the world
- Turn on instant notifications to never miss a moment from your favorite people
- Relive your day and share your favorite shots out to other apps
“Moments” shared by yourself or your friends will only stick around for 24 hours or will disappear once swiped away, this has been tweaked slightly since the first build. The app obviously isn’t super secretive, but it might be a suitable alternative for those who don’t want their shared media to linger on the web.
If you fancy giving the new and improved Slingshot a whirl, here’s the Google Play link.