Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Dungeon Hunter 5 arrives in the Google Play Store
Gameloft has finally brought its next iteration in the Dungeon Hunter series to the Play Store. Dungeon Hunter 5, which is free to download, takes place after stopping the massive demon invasion in the Kingdom of Valenthia that we saw in Dungeon Hunter 4. Like the fourth iteration, Dungeon Hunter 5 provides a great single-player campaign mode as well as co-op and multiplayer modes. The controls are easy to use, just like they’ve always been in the series.
For those new to the series, Dungeon Hunter is an intense hack ‘n’ slash game, based in a fantasy world, that basically revolves around you defeating as many monsters as possible. You’ll get your hands on armor, swords, axes and many other weapons along your journey. All of the weapons and armor you collect are categorized in a certain element type – Water, Fire, Light, Nature and Dark – which will allow you to choose between certain weapons based on the monster you’re currently fighting.
Here are all of the features the new game brings to the table:
- Single-Player Campaign – With your guild, embark on a journey of vengeance as a spirit-imbued hero, sword in hand. You’ll travel through five monster-filled realms and become the most notorious warrior and hunter of them all.
- Cooperative Gameplay – Hire your friends or other players as hired swords to help you on your fantasy adventure full of vile demons, brave warriors, and fearsome dragons.
- Asynchronous Multiplayer – Customize your Guild Stronghold with a large variety of monster minions, manage and defend it, and slash your way through opponent Strongholds to ravage their loot.
- Craft your own gear with no restrictions – Fuse and evolve up to 46 pieces of armor and 150 swords, axes, and more, to become the ultimate Bounty Hunter, slay the mightiest dragon, and bring honor to your guild!
- Five Elements to master – Strategically equip weapons, spells and armor from 5 elemental types – Water, Fire, Light, Nature and Dark – for a powerful advantage against any monster, demon or dragon.
- Daily and Weekly Events – The Daily Dungeon rewards your demon hunter skills with unique materials to evolve and fuse your gear. Or become the top warrior on the Weekly Wanted Challenge leaderboard for the ultimate rewards.
- Unrivaled Hack ‘n’ Slash Action – Discover the revamped controls and animation, bringing your warrior skills to life so you can see even more satisfying monster and demon kills at the end of your sword.
- Superior Graphics – Highly detailed, AAA graphics provide the most stunning fantasy gameplay experience possible on a mobile game.
The game is free to download, but just like other games in the series, there are some in-app purchases ranging from $.99 to $99.99. That has the tendency to scare users away, though we’re confident you can get a great gameplay experience out of this game without purchasing any additional content. If you’re interested in checking out Dungeon Hunter 5, follow the Play Store link below.