Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
How to delete notifications on Facebook
Facebook notifications can quickly pile up. If you’re following many people or pages, you will get notified whenever a new post, share, or interaction occurs. As such, it can get a bit overwhelming if you don’t clear them out. You can change your settings to control what alerts you get on Facebook, or even turn them off. But if you just want to get rid of some specific notifications for privacy or any other reason, here’s an easy way to do it.
To delete notifications on Facebook, click or tap the bell icon to open notifications. Select the three dots (⋯) button > Remove this notification.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
How to delete Facebook notifications on desktop
- Open your web browser and go to the Facebook website.
- Once logged in, click on the notifications button (the bell icon) on the top right corner.
- Scroll through the list to find the notification you wish to delete.
- Hover your mouse over it. Then, click the three dots (⋯) button.
- From the dropdown menu, select Remove this notification.
How to delete notifications on mobile
- Open the Facebook app on your device.
- Tap on the notifications button (the bell icon) located at the top of the screen.
- Scroll through the list to find the notification you wish to remove.
- Press the three dots (⋯) button next to it to open the options menu.
- Select Remove this notification.
Can you delete all notifications at once on Facebook?
If you want to delete all of the notifications on Facebook, you must remove each one individually. This is tedious, but it’s also a good thing. You see, some notifications might be pretty important if you go back and check them. If you hastily delete them all, there wouldn’t be any way to retrieve them other than exporting your account information. Basically, the inability to delete all notifications at once is a safeguard. You can’t accidentally press it and lose all notifications forever.
However, what you can do is mark all of your notifications as read. This way, they’ll still be there, but you won’t have to see the notification alert in the top right if there are past unread notifications. Here are the steps to do it:
- Go to the Facebook website and log into your account.
- Click on the notifications button (the bell icon) at the top right corner.
- On the Notifications tab, click the three horizontal dots (⋯) button at the top right.
- From the dropdown menu, select Mark all as read.
Yes, definitely. Facebook allow users to receive what they want to. Simply go to your profile on a Facebook website > Setting & privacy > Settings > Notification. Additionally, you can also manage your notifications from your device’s settings.
Tap your profile picture at the top right corner. Scroll down to Settings & Privacy > Settings > Notifications.