Search results for

All search results
Best daily deals

Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.

Cyber Monday 2016 brought in over $1 billion in mobile shopping revenues

A report by Adobe says Cyber Monday 2016 kept its title as the single biggest online shopping day of the year, with over $1 billion from mobile devices.

Published onNovember 29, 2016

cyber monday sales deals

A few days ago, Adobe issued a report that Black Friday 2016 brought in a total of $3.34 billion from online shopping sources in the US, with $1.2 billion of that number from mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. At the time, Adobe thought there was a chance that the online revenues from Black Friday would top those from Cyber Monday, which traditionally has been the top online shopping day of the year.

As it turns out, Monday, November 28 showed that online shopping numbers just beat those of Black Friday. Adobe said today that revenues for Cyber Monday 2016 hit a new record of $3.39 billion, narrowly ahead of Black Friday’s numbers. Of that $3.39 billion, $1.19 billion in online shopping came from smartphones and tablets, which is a 48-percent increase from 2015, but still slightly lower than the numbers from Black Friday 2016.

The majority of visits to retail websites during Cyber Monday were from mobile devices, with 44 percent coming from smartphones and 9 percent from tablets, for a total of 53 percent. Actual direct online sales from mobile devices are still lower; Adobe says they accounted for 35 percent of all online sales on Monday, with 25 percent from smartphones, and 10 percent from tablets.

Overall, online shopping revenues in the US over the entire Thanksgiving weekend (November 24-27) came in at $9.36 billion, a 16.4 percent increase compared to 2015. It goes to show that more and more people might be abandoning the rush to go to a physical store during that busy shopping season in favor of spotting deals online.

Did you spend the majority of your holiday shopping this past week online or in stores?