Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
CoverScreen OS turns the Oppo Find N2 Flip's cover display into a mini phone
- IJP has released a preview of CoverScreen OS for the Oppo Find N2 Flip.
- The app turns the cover display into a fully functional mini-phone.
- Almost any app or widget can be launched from the cover display.
The company best known for its CoverScreen OS app is back again with a new update. This time around, however, their new app focuses on the Oppo Find N2 Flip.
Developer IJP announced the first preview version of its new CoverScreen OS app update (via XDA Developers forum). The app that adds extra functionality to outer displays on Samsung’s Galaxy Z Flip phones now supports the Oppo Find N2 Flip’s comparatively large cover screen. What’s more interesting, however, is that the update turns the screen into somewhat of a miniature phone.
When installed, the app appears to let you navigate through, launch, and interact with apps just like you would on the main screen. It also works with widgets you would typically add to your home screen. Although the company admits that it works for most apps and widgets, not all of them.
All of the features that come with the update include:
- Cover Launcher/App Launcher/Drawer
- Support for all third party Apps homescreen widgets
- Quick Toggles – a TON load of them!
- Navigation gestures
- Powerful Media screen – multiple sessions, scrub through the track and additional controls that are not available in
- Samsung’s Stock OS for cover screen
- Voice, QWERTY, T9 full keyboard support
- Works on top of Oppo’s launcher, so you still have access to System Quick Toggles and widgets!
In the videos below, you can see the app in action as the user swipes through apps, opens a YouTube video, and opens up Google Chrome to search for “Oppo.”
As you can see, the screen operates almost identically to how you would use the main screen. The company also included a video showing off what the widgets look like when using the app.
Altogether, it appears to work rather smoothly, which may be due to IPJ ironing out the wrinkles from previous versions of CoverScreen OS. The app has been available since the Galaxy Z Flip 3 and later got an update for the Galaxy Z Flip 4.
If you want to try it out on your own Oppo Find N2 Flip, the latest version of the app is available in the Play Store. Just click the button below to be taken to the store page.