- Support for Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Send stickers in group chats!
- See when a contact has received and viewed your sent pictures.
- Timed pictures and messages can now be viewed multiple times until the timer expires
- Added a new 60 second timer option
- Landscape mode
- Add a photo or attachment from your SD card
Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Blackberry Messenger now updated for Lollipop with new features in-tow
Blackberry (Research In Motion) was, in many ways, the North American equivalent to Europe’s Nokia: people revered it and the devices sold like hot-cakes. This was, in part, because of the presence of a physical keyboard, smartphone-type features, and the uber-secure BlackBerry Messenger (BBM). As time progressed however, the company’s dominance in the global market began to wane, though for many hopefuls, the messaging application was ported over to the very mobile operating systems that stole RIM’s thunder.
Those who are currently running BBM on their Android device are in for a treat as a new update (version 2.6) provides for a number of new features, and most importantly, support for Android Lollipop. The full list is as follows: